Change in nipple colour?

Hello.. I am a bit concerned... I got out the bath and as I looked in the mirror I noticed a dark ring around the outside of the aerola.. My nipples are still red/pink and the aerola is light brown but I have a slightly dark ring? ... I surely can't be pregnant if I haven't had sex since March this year? I've had a period each month since too... Just a bit concerned!

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

Change in your nipples are typically early signs of pregnancy. Are you experiencing any swelling or soreness? If you are for sure there is no way you could be pregnant, make an appt to see your doctor immediately.

Be well,

Anonymous (reply to S Gillette Palmer)

Also I'm not entirely sure they've changed? Like I think they could've always been this way, I just happened to notice it earlier in the different light? ... I had sex in March and haven't been sexually active since. I have had a period on the 1st of each month since. Surely I can't be pregnant? Please help! Bit worried!

Anonymous (reply to S Gillette Palmer)

I don't know how there could be possible pregnancy when I haven't had sex since March? Plus I've had periods? Yes they are sore because I am due to get my period... They usually hurt when I am due. Please help! ASAP!

You need to relax!

You're not pregnant or you'd be due next month! And you're having periods every month - pregnancy is not an issue.

The warm water of the bath may be to blame, my skin changes color from the bath all the time and nipples can become darker. Or a simple hormone change due to your cycle. There's nothing wrong, you're fine. Nipple color can change as your cycle does.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide