chest congestion, cough, mucas, no fever, fatigue,weezing at night

took a Z pack (antibiotic) for 3 days along with Steriods for the weezing and a cough syrup. 5days later it seems to be getting worse but still no fever. In great health before this. Had flu shot 2 weeks ago.

My son had a flu shot 12 days ago and has been sick since, and has missed school all but two days. He still has a cough, is fatigued and a bit weak. His symptoms were vomiting, high fevers (103+), congestion, coughing and just that horrible flu feeling with body aches and headache.

I attribute all of this to his flu shot (his symptoms started within hours of the shot). This may be the case with you. I don't think my son will be back to full health for at least another 7-10 days - he's seven years old.

Since you are getting worse, it's a good idea to call your doctor as it's unclear whether you have a viral or bacterial infection.

Please let us know how it goes and I'm sorry you're feeling so awful. I'm seriously re-evaluating the flu shot for me; I had planned on getting it this year, for the first time in years.

Flu Guide