chest pain

Hi I have had severe chest pain every day for the past three years the doctors did a full cardiac workup including a heart cath everything was great how long are these test results good for?

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your question and welcome.

In order to help you more, I need to clarify a few things:

When you say that you had a full cardiac check up and the results were fine - was this at the time you first experienced chest pain? Did you tell your doctors that the pain remained severe? What did they say?

Tests are only as good as the condition of the person at the time they were taken - I hope that make sense! In other words, our health can get progressively worse or it can get better, based on the course of treatment involved. So our test results can change quickly.

When was the last time you saw a doctor about this pain and if not recently, can you make an appointment asap? If your heart is not the issue, it could be your respiratory system, your gastric system or even anxiety based. Do you have any history (or family history) in any of these areas?

Can you update me on some of my questions? I do hope we hear from you soon.

Angina Guide