Chipped birth control pill? Still effective?

By August 20, 2016 - 8:06am

Hi, I wanted to come to you all for this question of mine. I take my birth control (trinessa lo) perfectly. 4PM EVERYDAY. yesterday, my boyfriend and I were about to have sex.. and my alarm went off to take the pill. I ran over to the pack, popped out my pill, and took it. I'm paranoid though, because as I was inserting the pill into my mouth with my right hand, I was flicking off some sort of crumbs on my left hand at the same time. When I swallowed the pill it didn't feel any different, but I'm worried that some of the pill might've flaked off (hence the crumbs or whatever it was). I searched all over my floor with a flashlight and found no traces of the pill whatsoever, so it would've been very microscopic if anything chipped, meaning I would've taken a majority of the pill. I didn't double up because I know I took my pill on time.. I then proceeded to have sex with and without a condom, no ejaculation inside me but I know pre-ejaculate is a thing .. Should I still be covered by the pill? :( so worried..

Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
You do not need to feel a physical difference after taking the pill to know it was affective. Even if some of the pill chipped off, you will be protected. You do not need to double up or take emergency contraception.