Colon Cancer

Colon Cancer Guide

ask: Colonoscopy VS Capsule Colonoscopy

By Melissa6666

Hi, There is something I want to be sure about. I might go through having either colonoscopy or capsule colonoscopy and I want to know how does the procedure work exactly? Are they anything painful? If I go through capsule colonoscopy does it get stuck in me or something or it comes out when I go to the bathroom? Such procedure as having capsule colonoscopy is it safe, and how safe is it? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Hi Melissa

I think we have explained the procedure for a colonoscopy several times before you can read more here (you will be asleep during the procedure) : http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/wondering-1

As far as capsule colonoscopy, this site explains is way better than I could!  http://capsuleny.com/colonoscopy.html

I hope this helps you!

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you for your reply. I know about colonoscopy but I wasn't so sure about capsule colonoscopy, so thanks for letting me know.
Thank You,
Melissa