A concerned 16 year old

Had my period for 2 years now and it's ALWAYS been irregular. So it came 2 weeks early. It also didn't last as long. I also didn't get as bad cramps as I normally do. So a week later (today) I started getting period like cramps and noticed that i got the brown discharge I get when my period is about to start. I'm really scared. I haven't had sex but I've done other sexual activities. E.g mutual masturbation and dry humping. What could this be??

Periods are generally 3-7 days long with a cycle of between 21-35 days so as you can see there is a big "average" there.

Life can also change our cycles - anything from lifestyle changes to stress to getting older to diet/exercise, medications and hormone changes can affect our cycle. You will probably settle back down to a regular cycle and it could last for years. Then you might see changes again.

So our cycle at 13 is different to 18 and our cycles at 30 are different at 45. The body never changes so our cycles are the same way.

Your brown bleeding sounds like old blood from your last period that the body is flushing out.

I hope this helps to ease your mind. Feel free to mention this to your doctor on your next visit if you still have worries.