concerned maybe I have cyst

By April 15, 2010 - 9:05pm

been having pain in my lower left abdominal area, I've had two laproscopsy years ago. my stomach has gotten very bloated and hard but I don't know if it can be that I've had a kidney stone before and maybe it has returned, but what leaves me concern is that everytime that i have intercourse with my husband it really hurts and it's gotten to the point that I don't want to continue. last week when I saw a doctor they took a urine sample and blood was detected in my urine. whatt could be causing the disconfort do you believe it could be cyst. what are the sythoms

Hi michellet

Thanks for your question and welcome. I'm sorry to read that you are in so much discomfort.

If you are wondering if you have ovarian cysts, most women don't have pain. For for those that two, it can be quite painful:

Most ovarian cysts do not cause symptoms. The two most common symptoms are:

Pelvic pain
Menstrual bleeding

Pain is usually caused by:

Direct pressure from the cysts on the ovaries and surrounding structures
Causing chronic pelvic fullness or a dull ache
Bleeding from a cyst into and around the ovary
Causing more intense, sharp pain as the blood irritates the lining of the abdomen

Pain may come and go on a regular basis. Or, you may notice the pain more:

Just before or after your period
During sex

Other symptoms:

Urinary discomfort associated with bladder pressure or irritation

In rare cases, a cyst may become twisted. This can cut off its own blood supply, causing:

Severe abdominal pain

Call your doctor right away if you have these symptoms.

Read more about cysts here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/ovarian-cyst

Michelle, as you can read above, pain during sex is quite common.

Have you also been checked for uterine fibroids? Some of your symptoms are also seen in women with these fibroids and the pain can be quite severe. Check out our page here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/uterine-fibroids#definition

You will know more about your urine issue when your results get back.

Michelle, do you have a history of cysts of fibroids?