confused about pregnancy/birth control

By November 3, 2015 - 2:30pm

I need help, im racking my brain. I took Seasonale for a few years and I recently stopped midpack ( I went on vacation and the bag was lost) I was 8 weeks in o a 13 week pill pack. I bled for four days following stopping that pill. Does that count as a period? Or just a breakthrough bleed? We are trying or a baby but Im araid at our age (35 and 46) we are too late in lie. I don't know when I should test, if I should even test? I am having symptoms- sore breasts, nausea, weight gain and exhaustion but I heard those can be side effects of coming of the pill.

The page froze on me in the middle of posting. Sometimes I hate electronics! I was worried Ive reached the age of infertility and with my husband being 46 it makes me even more nervous.

Thanks for your help!

HERWriter Guide (reply to NLC023)

Men can have kids until their 80s! Not that it's a good idea to do that and there are certainly some conditions in children (eg; autism and mental health) linked to older fathers but 35 for a female is still young and 46 for a male isn't too old either. Go for it!

Hello NLC023

You posted this question twice, please just post once.

35 for a female is certainly not too old to have children. Many women are waiting for that age deliberately. I did!

You can test for pregnancy a few weeks after sex or if you don't get your next period in a month.