Confused and Worried about HCG

I had unprotected sex on 26 dec with my gf. ( her period was due anytime by then). Her periods got late by around 12 days and she got periods on 7th Jan(lasting 5 days). Her next periods of February also got late and started on 23rd(late by around 15 days)duration was same 5 days. She did beta blood HCG on 22nd of feb and it came 1.2. My question is can she still be pregnant (ectopic) and if not than why her blood is showing hcg level of 1.2. Is it normal for having such small amount of hcg present in the blood even if she is non pregnant or never pregnant ? Please help. It is written everywhere on the internet that if HCG level is less than 5 then it is considered non pregnant but what about a virgin or never pregnant girl? Also advise me if she had got the test done early. Should I consider a second Beta HCG to completely rule out pregnancy?.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your question! Is your girlfriend not able to decide these things by herself? When you say "should I consider more testing" it sounds like your girlfriend is very, very young or that she has no say in this. Is she unable or unwilling to make these decisions for herself? She is very welcome to join EmpowHER!

A virgin with no sperm to genital contact cannot get pregnant. If she keeps getting her period, the she cannot be pregnant as both cannot happen.

As to the pregnancy-hormone levels in her system, women can have very low levels and not be pregnant. If her pregnancy tests are negative and she continues to get her periods, then she is not pregnant.

Also, make sure you both use protection in future so you don't have these scares! I hope this helps!