Could the birth control pill cause a rash only on my face?

By March 12, 2013 - 7:48pm

I have been on the pill for 2 1/2 years now. I am 48 years old. I'm not sure when the dry skin started either just before beginning the pill or just after but it was only slightly dry during the winter between my eyes. now it's dry, red and itchy on both sides of my nose, between the eyes and up onto my forehead with a slight rash of small red bumps mostly on the forehead to the hairline. There are also some flaky bumps in the hairline by my ear or sideburn on one side.

I also have glasses and I'm not sure if I've developed a allergy to the metal frames or the nose guards. Any answers out there?

Hi Mumsy900,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  A rash on the face can be caused by many things,  such as a allergic reaction to a medication, an infection, food allergies and many other.  It's very important to see a dermatologist to get diagnosed and find the right treatment for it.