Could Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C or HIV be transmitted by touching a wound after touching a paper money?

Hello,

I took two taxis today and paid with paper money. I do not know if they had blood on them. Later, I went to the public rest room, took some soap from the soap dispenser by pressing the button with my hand and saw a big pimple on my face. I forgot and popped it. It bled a lot. I immediately washed the wound with soap, however I could not rinse using running water. I splashed water on the wound about 20-25 times. Is there a risk of Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C or HIV transmission?

We can pick up bacteria and viruses from daily life. We all do. Our immune systems kick in and take care to avoid sickness or heal us quickly if we do get an infection.

Taxi's and public restrooms probably have plenty of bacteria - but people use both every day and are just fine.

Transmission of HPV or Hep is caused by infected body fluids. There is little reason to believe that there were any of these viruses on paper money - and they cannot be transmitted that way anyway - again, it takes body fluids. Touching or kissing someone with HIV does not cause infection so paper money certainly won't, even if you washed a pimple on your face afterwards.

You have nothing to worry about.