Could I be experiencing a miscarriage?

By July 26, 2012 - 2:41am

Im on birth control although I began taking antibiotics recently. The first day I got my antibiotics I took,one at work before I came ho my normal medecine in the morning. me. That night, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex, and once again in the morning. We both forgot until I was taking my medicine in the morning. He told me not to worry since I had only taken one dose. Ive been cramping very very bad for two weeks and my period just came four days late. I started just spotting and the next day was clotting. Its very painful cramping and I noticed the blood was bright red which seemed odd. I took a pregnanxy test the first day I was late and it was negative. Im thinking miscarriage or

Hi jb0207

You didn't finish your thoughts before posting so feel free to do that so we can know more!

But it sounds like you did actually have your period, even if it wasn't your "normal" one. I'm not sure if the difference in your period was due to the antibiotic but you should have used a backup, just in case. However, a negative pregnancy test obviously indicates that you are not pregnant.

But if you suspect that you have miscarried, see your doctor. You will be fine but it's good to know if you miscarried. The likelihood of miscarriage is probably very low since it's very unlikely that you even ovulated mid-month because you were on the Pill.