could i be or am i pregnant?

I am 15 years old and i think i am having a pregnancy scare or that i could be pregnant. My last cycle was on July 28,2010 and i had sex on August 11, 2010, which was around the time that i was suppose to be ovulating. I did not use protection. In Sept. i started getting cramps thinking that my period was coming but it was a no show. I also had a lot of gas but i don't have a lot of gas anymore. Sometimes i get like this pain across my stomach but i don't know if that has anything to do with it. I get nauseated when i get out of bed in the morning sometimes and after i eat. Also i get bloated after i eat and it makes me look like i am 3 or 4 months. I feel very tired even when i have a good night of sleep or sometimes i just can't sleep at all. I took 3 test and on 1 i could see the line very clear and on the other 2 they were kind of faint but i could still see them in the positive area.

Thanks for your question and for finding EmpowHER.

Based on your information, it seems there is a real chance that you are pregnant so I suggest you do the following:

Tell a parent or adult you trust (and is worthy of that trust) that you may be pregnant and have a test done properly, either at a clinic or have the results checked by them.

Go to a free clinic yourself (if you prefer it that way or bring your boyfriend with you) and you can get tested for free.

You can find a free clinic in you area by going here: http://www.freeclinics.us/freeclinic.php and just search for your state.

I'd also like to refer to your Scarleteen.com where you can get some good advice : http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/pregnancy_scared

Anon - how are you feeling about possibly being pregnant? Do you have someone you trust to go to about this? What about the boy who may have gotten you pregnant - where is he?

Please take a look at the information I've provided and let us know how you feel about things and what steps you think you'd like to take.

But first, make sure you get an official test done so that you know where you stand, either way.

I hope to hear back from you very soon!

hi Susan,
the thing about my boyfriend is that,he is in a different state that i am. I'm not sure if i should tell him about it just yet until i actually know....any advice? would it be better for me to go ahead and tell him? I'm going down to where he stay next month to visit my family, so should i wait until then? Or just go ahead and tell him?

Hi again Anon!

Before you say anything, I'd get that confirmation first as you're not 100% sure yet. You may actually not be pregnant (we can't confirm anything for you) so let's get that part done before talking to him about it.

What do you think?

I had the same problem as far as the pregnancy tests go. I thought to myself "Oh, well they're faint..so it's probably negative." I even took a test at a clinic that came out negative. Then I finally went to my doctor and got a blood test and it came up positive. I did decide to terminate the pregnancy, so I wouldn't judge you if you wanted that to happen for you. Sometimes it's just the better choice.

All in all, just go to the gyn and ask for a blood test, the 100% positive beside getting a period. You can do it all without your mom in the room and ask the nurse to call your cell phone, if you have one, with the results so your mom doesn't know if that scares you. I told my mom about the whole ordeal and it made things so much easier, to be honest with you.

Please, please use protection next time for your own sake :)

Anonymous (reply to JessyAdot)

if u don't mind me asking...how did the father feel about it?