Could i be ovulating?

I am on the nuva ring and have been for about 6 months now. a few months i wanted to skip my period because our anniversary was that week. I removed my nuva ring and put a new one in right away. Then last month i started my period a few days before i was sup to take out my nuva ring but just kept it in until i was sup to take it out. i waited a week and put a new one in. Now its been 2 weeks and i feel cramping, does this mean i'm ovulating? I used to get cramps during ovulation before i went on the nuva ring but not since then except for this month. If i am ovulating could i be pregnant? i have had sex a few times recently but have been using the nuva ring correctly except for when i skipped my period, but i looked online and it said that was safe. What do you think?

It is safe to skip a period and continue using hormonal contraception without a "break", but this can cause breakthrough bleeding (spotting or bleeding in-between periods).

If you have not been hormone-free from the NuvaRing, then you should not ovulate. The hormones actually work to prevent pregnancy by preventing ovulation.

I am confused as to when you used it to skip a period purposefully, and then when you used it incorrectly (do your instructions say that if you bleed while NuvaRing is inserted to remove the NuvaRing?)