Could I be pregnant?

By Anonymous April 20, 2011 - 1:41pm

After my last period I went about two weeks before starting my birth control again. During this time I did have unprotected sex and since then i've started taking my pill again but have also missed a few day of. I usually get my period after 3 days of not taking my birth control but I didn't this time. I've also been feeling nauseous the last couple days. Does this mean I could be pregnant? And should take a pregnancy test? Any help is welcomed!

Thanks for your post! Having unprotected sex (no pills for the first two weeks and then missed pills after) like this can certainly raise your risk of pregnancy.

How old are you? I'm concerned that you do not understand how the Pill works or how you are supposed to take it. Everyone should know the reasons why they take any kind of drug. If you didn't know you could get pregnant this way, talk to your doctor about sex ed and see if there may be a better method of birth control for you (there are many!). Are you getting sex ed in school?

In any case, you should absolutely take a pregnancy test. Good luck to you and keep us posted!

I posted this question and I'm 19 and i've been on the pill for a year and half. I was just having a busy 2 weeks and never got around to getting a refill. After I did get them refilled I did take them for few days but i went out of town and forgot them so i missed 3 days. I did have unprotected sex again but after I took two of the 3 missed pills and i'm planning on take two more today.