could i be pregnant?

By September 26, 2011 - 10:41am

me and my bf have been trying for awhile now and havent succeeded. i had surgery to remove an ovarian cyst on my right ovary thru laporoscopic on the 14th of September and my periond came the 12th of september and ended very early on the 14th. it was very light this time and i spotted just a tiny bright red/pinkish spot only when i wiped on friday September 16th and had intercourse sunday the 18th and spotted wednesday the 21st just a light red dot only when i wiped.and had very bad heartburn on the 22nd and i have gotten ovulation test to see if i was ovulating and its a negative. I have been really wet down there since the 16th of september.. i now have sore breasts and a metal taste in my mouth.. culd i be pregnant or just symptoms from my surgery?

Hi bridezilla92

Your previous discharge may be due to your procedure.

If you are pregnant, it's far too early to tell, since you are exactly mid-cycle right now - in fact, now is the time to try for pregnancy since you are likely to be ovulating or about to. Since a woman ovulates for only 24 hours, ovulation test results can change every day.
If you had sex on the 18th and are pregnant from that, you may not even technically be "pregnant" yet as it takes about 10 days.

Your best bet is to take a test in 2 weeks when your period is due and until you know otherwise, keep trying.