Could I be pregnant?

By Anonymous March 1, 2012 - 1:28am

Hi my name is McGee I am 20 and I need some advice , I had sex around the middle of February, my period was suppose to start on the twenty second of last month, now being Its march I was concerned and took two home pregnancy tests and they were both negative. It is now over week since my missed period so I called and set up and appointment with the doctor. The strange part is, is that I had cramps like typically with my cycle, recurring headaches, back pain, occasional nausea, yet today before I went to work there was a discharge of a light yellow/ brown color, so I put on a pad on to be careful. Well after work I went to the bathroom and it seems like a darker red and it looked like a heavier flow but nothing more. I've been having all these strange symptoms and are extremely unsure on what it all means. Can anyone help please?

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Things that can delay your menstrual cycle are stress, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, emergency contraceptive and many other conditions.  You did the right things by setting an appointment to see your doctor. 

Here is a link that might be helpful