Could I be pregnant?????

By September 3, 2012 - 1:48pm

I had sex in July and the condom broke. I took plan B within 6 hours. I started spotting 2 days after taking the pill and the spotting lasted for about a week. Then about 2 weeks later, i got my real period. It came on time and lasted the full time. I waited and got my next period last week. My period is still here but i still have worries. I havent been eating as much. i lost about 12 pounds. My sense of smell is a bit more sensitive and the smell of meats sometimes makes me gag. And right now i am having sharp stomach pain in my upper stomach below my right ribs. I will probably take a HPT soon but im just looking for peoples thoughts.

Hello Jessicafrenchy,

There is no need to take a home pregnancy test. You are not pregnant. You took Plan B, which is 95% effective in reducing the risk of pregnancy if taken within 24 hours following unprotected sex. You have had two menstrual periods. You do not get your period when you are pregnant.

Your loss of appetite, weight loss and sharp, upper stomach pain need to be evaluated by your physician. These are not pregnancy symptoms.