Could I be pregnant?

By October 9, 2012 - 1:10pm

I am 18 and I have a new boyfriend of almost 2 months. We've had sex 3 or 4 times unprotected but I am on birth control. I take it every day at around the same time when I'm suppose to. Lastnight we had sex and I took my birth control pill 2 hours after the time I was suppose to take it and after we had sex. I don't think he ejaculated inside me...I'm pretty sure he pulled out before he did. Today, I've been having painful cramps and I've noticed I've either gained weight or I've just been bloated. I'm suppose to get my period sometime this week or next week. I'm scared because I'm not ready to have a child but I would not be able to give it up either.

Hi CB1993

You are not having "unprotected sex" if you are on the Pill and taking it correctly every day, as you said you were. You are protected from pregnancy (but not disesases or infections).

So you are protected from pregnancy. Feeling bloated the next day would have nothing to do with pregnancy since it takes about 5 days to actually become pregnant after you have sex. It's highly likely you will get your period when expected.