could i be pregnant?

im on ortho cyclen birth control i missed 2 pills and had sex when i was to take the 3rd pill i missed my 3rd pill to then took about 2 and a half hours later after i had unproted sex can i ba pregnant?

i've put cocoa butter on them for the last 4 months and no results...so im glad to here that birth contol makes your breast hurt...i've been worrrying about that for a long time now...

(reply to Anonymous)

I wanted to chime in here, too. Breast tenderness is normal when using birth control. However, what you describe is breast pain (not even being able to touch them to wash them in the shower) is not a normal symptom, and should be seen by the doctor.

Please see our mastalgia page (medical term for "breast pain"; just click on word) for more information and to see if the symptoms listed are similar to what you are experiencing.

Are your breasts warm to the touch, or do you experience any fluid coming from your nipples? If yes, this could indicate an infection. Otherwise, pain severe enough to limit your ability to cleanse your breasts or touch them may be worth a call to your doctor.

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

i've had a breast exam about a couple weeks ago...and they told me everything felt normal...there is no fluids coming from my nipples either...i just dont understand why they hurt so bad...some times i cry because how much they hurt...

thank you, i went to that website and it helped out alot....do to not having my period on time and im suppost to start sunday am i supost to be getting really bad cramps..? and being on birth control does it make your breast really sore, i complian about my breast normally everyday. Some times they hurt so much i cant touch them or when i shower i cant even rub them to clean them...and i was also wondering if you could recomed something to get rid of my strech marks..? if so that would be really helpful.

(reply to Anonymous)

Anon, birth control can affect things like your breast tenderness and your cramping, yes, but only you can really know if something seems very different for you or if it just seems a little bit different from normal. Birth control contains hormones, and they can affect everything about our cycle in one small way or another.

In terms of stretch marks, there's no one product that will just get rid of them. A lot of women have good results from using cocoa butter or shea butter, have you tried either of those?

thank you..so i shouldnt be worried then..right..?

(reply to Anonymous)

Right. I don't think you have to worry about it. Any little blip in our hormones can cause spotting. If you're interested in more explanation about why this sometimes happens, you can go here:

You may not, Anon, as you didn't follow the instructions properly but take a pregnancy test in a few weeks to make sure. If you are still concerned, there should be a 1-800 number in your pill packet. The best thing is to call that number and seek advice.

i started spotting about 10 mins ago is that a bad sign or could it be because im about to start my period..or could it be from me startin my perios last months a couple days late...?

(reply to Anonymous)

Hi, Anon. Spotting is not a bad sign, it definitely can be because you are about to start your period. Some women also spot occasionally in the middle of their cycle, around the time that they ovulate. It's very common and usually nothing to worry about.