Could I be Pregnant?

By February 18, 2014 - 6:24am

I started birth control about 6 years ago, stopped in early December because I was having adverse side effects and felt better when I stopped for the week of my period.
I have now been off for 3 full months, and should have started my period 5 days ago. The 3 periods prior to this were right on track and this time I haven't had any spotting or bleeding at all. My husband and I have only had protected sex since going off the pill.
I have been having lower abdominal cramping similar to period cramping (but far weaker) for the past 3 days. I thought it might be a signal my period had arrived but so far only clear/white-ish mucus. My breasts are quite tender, and (normally a stomach sleeper) find it slightly uncomfortable to lie on my stomach.

My husband is sure I'm not pregnant because "we've been using protection" but I'm not so sure. I have been under no more stress than normal so I don't think stress is affecting it.
I have not taken an HPT yet but wondering if I should, and if so, if I should wait a few more days prior to taking it?

The only way to be certain of not getting pregnant is to abstain from sexual activity (or be post-menopause). 

Condom can break (even though it's very uncommon) and pills for fail. 

The first sign of pregnancy is usually a missed period so it's a good idea to take a test to at least rule that out. 

You can take it anytime, pregnancy tests are accurate as soon as your period is due. 

Turns out...I was just extremely late this month. Thanks for the reply though!