Could I be pregnant?

By November 28, 2014 - 10:13pm

I had sex and the condom broke. He pulled out before he came and after this happened I took the pill 20 minutes after it happened. I weight about 200 and I'm 5 foot 8 inches so I know the pill may not work for me. A day later I took another pill. I haven't experienced any bleeding but I'm just wondering what my chances of pregnancy are. I hears vitamin c can lower progesterone so I have been taking that as well in mass. Please help

Hi Anon 912

Thanks for your post. 

It seems you did you best to prevent pregnancy (condoms and then emergency contraception) but you're right, you can't depend on EC to work at your weight (not that you are super heavy). 

I have read all sorts of "rememdies" and Vitamin C drinks to either cause abortion or stop pregnancy. There is no proof to this. For those that think it's works - they may have miscarried anyway - one our of every three to four pregnancies end in miscarriage. 

Also, many "remedies" say that you should miscarriage around the time your period is due. Then women get their periods (they weren't pregnant at all) and think they are having a miscarriage. 

Anon, I wish I could reassure you 100% but let's just hope your Plan B worked and since he didn't ejaculate inside you, I think your risk is extremely low anyway. 

I don't know when you took emergency contraception - it may take a week before you bleed and bleeding isn't guaranteed. 

I think you will be getting your period when expected. Try not to stress too much, it can affect your cycle. 

I took it approximately 2 weeks before I am due for my period. I am due to get my period December the 5th. I just got off birth control two months ago as well and I plan to keep taking the pill. My prescription WA just delayed so I had to stop taking it.
I'm just scared because even though I'm a legal adult, I'm still on my parents insurance. I've already told my mother and she was none too pleased but my father may kick me out if I am pregnant.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Anon912)

Hi Anon912

I hope the person you had sex with is willing to take you in if your Dad does kick you out - otherwise, don't go near him again. 

Since you period is due in five days you can take an early pregnancy test in about two days. Try not to stress yet. 

Take the test in a couple of days and let us know how it goes.