could i be pregnant

By Anonymous December 5, 2014 - 9:54pm

I had my period from 25 Nov to 1st of Dec.i had protected sex with my bf on 30th.my bleeding stopped just the day before....and there was no bleeding on the day we had sex and afterwards only very slight bleeding occured on 1st...my periods generally last a week....so i thought everything was normal but today,6th of december i wake up to find that my panty is wet.i go into the washroom and check that i have been bleeding badly overnight....dark red and smelly....like it is when i m on my periods.i m afraid could i be pregnant ?i also took one contraceptive pill within 3-4 hours of having sex just to be extra careful...pls resolve my confusion

You may be having an early period but you could also be losing a pregnancy - a pregnancy test is advisable. 

If the bleeding does not stop, see your doctor.

Hi susan
Thanks for your suggestion....you were right.I was having an early period. I read somewhere that maybe it was one of the side effects of emergency contraceptive pill.