Could I be pregnant?

By Anonymous April 18, 2015 - 12:07pm

I had sex with my Fiance' on the 28th of February while on my period. I continued to still have my period as scheduled the next follow month in March which started on 24th. Now in the current month of April I started to spot on the 9th after having sex. I keep very accurate records of when my period starts and it was suppose to start April 17th and it hasn't. My question is what could be the cause of the spotting and the lateness of my period?

Hello and thank you for sharing your question.

It is still possible to become pregnant if you have intercourse during your period.  

Spotting between periods is not a sign of pregnancy.  It is usually due to hormonal imbalances or stress.

A missed period is the first sign of pregnancy, but your period is only one day late.  I suggest that you wait.  If your period does not come at all the next week then take a pregnancy test.

If you plan to continue having intercourse and do not wish to become pregnant I suggest you start using birth control of some kind.  You can learn about it in the tabs above.