Could I be pregnant??

By June 4, 2015 - 2:58pm

I doubt I really could be but I thought I might ask all of you.

So the first day of my last period was May 3rd and it ended on May 4th.

I normally have a 28 day cycle so I SHOULD have gotten my period on May 31st. IT'S JUNE 4th AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT.

I had unprotected sex on May 26th & 28th. Which is very close to when I should have gotten my period which is why I don't think I'm pregnant.

Well 4 days ago I started having TERRIBLE lower back and abdominal pain on my right side. I went to the clinic and they thought it was my appendix but all my blood work came back just fine. I'm still in pain in my stomach when I'm sitting down or walking. Basically anything that's not laying down. Could this be pregnancy pain? Is it too early to test? HELP. MY PERIOD IS 5 DAYS LATE

Hi missfloga,

If your period is 5 days late, it is not too late to test. You need to do this asap as if you are pregnant, this could be an ectopic pregnancy and that could explain the terrible pain.  

As you said, your risk is low but take a test as soon as possible.

I just looked up what an ectopic pregnancy is because I had never even heard of it and I am having all of the symptoms. Currently on my way to the store for a test, THANK YOU SO MUCH

HERWriter Guide (reply to missfloga)

Keep us posted missfloga and good luck! 

I just took 2 home pregnancy tests and they both came to be negative. Thankfully. But I'm still worried and have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. Would an ectopic pregnancy show on a home pregnancy test the way a regular pregnancy would??

HERWriter Guide (reply to missfloga)

Generally, yes, it would show up although some women have started their did not show up on a early test. However, some women have also said their regular pregnancy didn't show up either. For now, you should go with you're NOT pregnant. 

This pain could also be a cyst - these are quite common, harmless but painful.  

Today I went in for an ultrasound to see what was up and they found something but they werent sure what it was so they did a CT Scan and I have a collapsed ovarian cyst (right side) and fluid in my uterus possibly from a miscarriage. Not sure what they're going to do for treatment or if it even needs to be treated. You've been the MOST helpful. Thank you so much.

HERWriter Guide (reply to missfloga)

I am so glad we could help!