Could I be pregnant?

By Anonymous February 17, 2016 - 9:42pm

Last January, I was 7 days delayed and had my period on Jan. 12. Usually, my cycle is 30 days. This month, I'm 8 days delayed. I'm not having any symptoms of pregnancy. My boyfriend and I are sexually active. We had protected (condoms) and unprotected sex but when we engaged in unprotected sex, he always withdraw. Could I be pregnant? Or could my cycle change? I was sick from Jan. 30 - Feb. 1, could this effect the change in my menstrual cycle?

P.S I also took a pregnancy test yesterday and it turned out negative.

If your test is negative then pregnancy is highly unlikely as a test would be accurate by now.

Since you were delayed last month and this month, you may be experiencing a shift in hormones which is normal - our cycles will change throughout our fertile lives. Your recent illness may also have affected your cycle/.

Keep an eye on your cycle for the next few month and if it continues to be very irregular, talk to your doctor. Also, remember the withdrawal method does not have a very good track record - condoms are always a better choice.

Read more about keeping track of your cycle here: http://www.empowher.com/menstrual-cycle/content/keeping-track-your-normal-menstrual-cycle