could i be pregnant?

Hi, my last (proper) period was around the 18th/20th of may 2009 and lasted 5 days as normal, I got my next period on the 20th june 2009 but it only last 2days! It was normal first day but second day was very very light! Is there I chance I could be pregnant? I did a test 2wks ago but it was negative, I don't mind it I am pregnant at all, but I'm just not sure when to test?

Hi, Anon, and welcome to EmpowHer!

My best guess would be that you're not pregnant, and here's why.

Since your May period was normal, you weren't pregnant then.
When your June period came, it was one of two things:
1. A regular period, or
2. A very light period/spotting that signaled implantation.
If it was implantation, by the time you did a pregnancy test two weeks later, it definitely would have showed up on the test.

So my thinking is that you just had a very light period for some reason -- your hormones were slightly off-kilter in June for some reason (stress? activity? change? medications?) and your period was just very small and light.

Have you had unprotected sex since the June 20th period? If so, then that's a new possibility that you won't be able to test for until after your July period should have come, again somewhere around the 20th, I would expect. If you haven't had unprotected sex this month, then I would expect your July period should be more normal, and should probably come sometime in the next week.

Does that help at all?