Could i be pregnant?

By June 21, 2016 - 12:10pm

Hello, thank you first of all for taking the time to hear me out. I'm 17 years old and I have a boyfriend I've been with for years. We have attempted to have sex for the first time for WEEKS..(with and without a condom) but nothing has been working. So, we have just been rubbing our genitals together, dry humping naked and with underwear, showered together, etc. Now my boyfriend is very alert and has continually promised me that he hasn't had any precm at all throughout these acts we have done. But, I know a man cannot feel pre cm, so I'm still worried. I am on birth control, and have been on it since early last month. My period is due in a couple days, so I'm really scared I will miss it. Here are my symptoms..

1. tender/sore breasts with new green veins.
2. fatigue
3. cramping
4. indigestion
5. frequent urination
and 6. headaches.
I know getting pregnant without having sex is pretty impossible, and he has never ejaculated near or on my vagina, ever. I'm just scared about the pre cm. Should I take a pregnancy test? thanks.

Thank you.. would you say the risk is none or extremely low? since I didn't have sex.. :(

HERWriter Guide (reply to worriedgirl123)

Hi again!

The only reason there may be some risk is that you were naked grinding and there may have been pre-ejaculate according to you so we can't say 100% there is no risk. Nobody can say that, especially over the internet, really.

But I'd say your risk is as close to zero as possible without giving you an absolute guarantee.

Hi worriedgirl123

Thanks for writing to EmpowHER!

The only way to get pregnant is to have sex with full ejaculation or ejaculation at the entry to the vagina. Pre-ejaculate may only contains sperm if a male had ejaculated and not urinated recently. If he has urinated then he won't even have sperm in his pre-ejaculate fluid at all.

Your risk is extremely low although naked grinding isn't safe. Ejaculation can happen without much warning in some men. Since this didn't happen with you, you're fine.

There is no real need to get a pregnancy test and you are worrying prematurely - your period isn't even due yet. Don't let yourself get stressed out over something that's extremely remote.

Your symptoms are probably a combination of PMS and stress. Veins can look green in certain light.

Just relax - your period will be along when it's ready. Remember stress can delay periods so the less you stress the better things will be.

A word of caution - you mentioned you tried to have sex with and without a condom. Don't have sex without a condom, no matter how aware your boyfriend is. You seem to be the worried type and you'll be constantly stress out - sex without a condom is not safe and is how infections are passed back and forth. A lot of people are carrying sexually transmitted infections and have no idea. It just takes one sexual encounter for pregnancy and/or disease.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/outercourse-dry-humping-dry-sex-and-other-sexual-behaviors