Could I be pregnant

I had a Tubal ligation around 2009 and I've always been regular with my periods. Last month, not sure of the date but I had a period but it was only for a couple days. This month (July) on the 6th, I had one but it only lasted a day and a half. I'm never late and this one was right on time. I'm also almost 45. Show I be worried?

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad you reached out to us with your concern about recent changes in your period. I do not think there is anything to worry about. But, if it will give you peace of mind, speak with your gynecologist.

I doubt pregnancy is the cause. I say this because you did get a period in June and July though each ended sooner than normal. Was it a flow or spotting?

If it was a flow, I am wondering if you are showing signs of early perimenopause. Most women experience the fluctuations in hormone levels in their 50s, but some women start in their 40s.

The level of your estrogen rises and falls unevenly during perimenopause. Your menstrual cycles may lengthen or shorten, and you may begin having menstrual cycles in which your ovaries don't release an egg.

Anonymous, you could take a home pregnancy test before calling your doctor. For the most accurate result, test in the morning and use the first urine of the day.

Keep in touch,