Could I be pregnant?

I'm really worried that I might be pregnant. I'm about 3 days late and I'm usually very regular. My last period started June 20 and I was supposed to start again on July 21. The last time my boyfriend and I had sex was on the 28th which was 8 days before my expected ovulation and he wore a condom, but you never know. I've also been under a lot of stress lately. I was sick for a couple weeks and ended up getting diagnosed with mono and was on steroids and a lot of antibiotics. I got a pretty hefty ticket and then so did my boyfriend two days later. Then I found out I wasn't able to go to the college I was planning on so I had to completely transfer and then I thought I wouldn't be able to go there either. Now I'm not exactly sure how I'm paying for school and I'm late which is just adding to my stress. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms, except for some light bleeding the day after I was supposed to start. I took two pregnancy tests (one in the evening and one first thing in the morning) and both were negative. I'm going to the doctor on the 29th for birth control so I'll find out then, but I'm a nervous wreck right now. Obviously no one can tell me for sure on here, but I guess I'm just hoping someone can calm my nerves. Does it sound like I'm pregnant or does it sound like just stress?

Hi elizzyr

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns!

Since you had sex with a condom 8 days before your expected ovulation and you tested negative for pregnancy twice, it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant.

I do think stress may be the factor here since you've been going through so much and stress has a significant impact on the menstrual cycle.

You will see you doctor shortly so explain this to her - but I can't see any way you could be pregnant.