Could I Be Pregnant?

By August 3, 2016 - 11:49am

On June 18th my boyfriend and I had protected sex and he did not ejaculate. A week later on the 25th I got my period a few days late. This month (July-August) however I have not yet had a period but I've been having my normal cravings for chocolate and such along with that "before period" feeling. I am officially 10 days late and worried even though I have a history of late periods but never this late. My family seems to think I'm pregnant too and keep getting on my back about it.

Hi AnswerSeeker16!

Firstly, don't share this with family any more, your menstrual cycle is not their business and they have no place getting on your back about your own body!

My advice is to take a pregnancy test even though you had protected sex - it'll firmly eliminate pregnancy at the least.

Irregular people can get more irregular as time goes on - this may be the case with you. You can talk to your doctor about this on your next visit. You may have a hormonal imbalance.

Still no period and I'm starting to get really concerned. Is it common for irregular women to sometimes just skip periods? I will admit I have been stressed wother school and other things. My sleep schedule has changed as well with my staying up until 4-6 in the morning then waking up later in the afternoon.

HERWriter Guide (reply to AnswerSeeker16)

Hi again!

You need to take a pregnancy test instead of stressing about it. A test will tell you whether you are pregnant or not. Otherwise you're just playing a guessing game which is stressful.