Could I be pregnant?

By September 12, 2016 - 5:44pm

So I am worried. I don't know if it is normal. I have been taking birth control for about 6 months. I always take at 5 pm every day.My last period was the week of August 12th , I had sex August 24th at 1 am I did not take my brth control, days came I wasnt thinking. On Friday August 27th I was bleeding I guess that happens when you don't finish the birth control so I Don think that is a period right? My estimated period before any of this happened was on Friday September 9th. Still not here..I was wondering if should worry?

PS I'm regular 28 day cycle.
Thank you.

Hi JocAlyn

Missing pills would explain your bleeding which means you're not pregnant but you need to be using condoms from now on until you get back on track again.

Your due period on the 9th doesn't really matter now since it was the hormones from the pill that regulated your period date. Depending on what you do now regarding birth control, your cycle will follow suit. It's probably a good idea to go by your last bleeding as your new date but prepare for possible irregularity for the next month.