Q: 

Could I be pregnant?

Hi. I had unprotected sex on 7th and 8th of November and took postinor 2 on both occasions. My period came 12th and lasted one-week. On 19th I had unprotected sex again and took postinor 2. I then begun using oral contraceptive Microgynin Fe on 20th. I'm on day 6 Now. Could I be pregnant? What is the earliest time after sex I can take a urine pregnancy test?

Thanks,
Sandra

Guide

Dear Sandra,

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHer with your question.

As you know, postinor 2 is strong medicine and should only be taken in an emergency and never used for birth control.

As for your question, wait about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks from the time you had sex until you test when hCG levels are typically high enough to be detected in your urine using a home pregnancy test.

I hope this helps.

Helena

Emergency Contraception