Q: 

Could I be pregnant?

By Anonymous December 10, 2016 - 9:03pm

Hello,
I was wondering if I could get someone's opinion on my situation. To begin my periods can range anywhere from 31-39 days. But this month it took longer to come. On day 42 I finally got some bleeding but not as much as usual. I've been stressing out over it as I've never been this late before. My periods are usually very heavy the first couples days but this time it's been very light with no clots. I'm on my 3rd day now and I think it could be done? My boyfriend and I always use a condom and he always checks it when we are done. Is there something that could have made my period so late, light and short?
Thank you!

Guide

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHer.

Sometimes periods can be late; are longer or shorter in duration, lighter or heavier. Stress, illness, hormonal imbalance or certain medications can sometimes influence this.

If the condom(s) was used correctly and you did get a period, I'd say you are not pregnant. If you doubt this, you can always take a home pregnancy test to ease your mind.

Helena

Anonymous (reply to Helena)

Thank so much! I forgot to mention I am 21, idk if that makes a difference or not. I've never experienced a light period before, but it is red in colour just like my other ones. It's probably just me stressing myself out.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi again.

Try to relax. Stress will only make matters worse.

Helena