Could I be pregnant?

I'm 21 years old, I've been on the pill since I was about 17 years old. I'm a few days, behind on my pills (I went three days without taking them and now I'm taking them again to make up for missing them...I know you are supposed to just get a new pack, but they can be expensive).

My boyfriend and I didn't really have full out sex last night, but he was slightly inside of me, defiantly not all the way in. He DID NOT ejaculate inside me or come close or anything like that. There was a lot of penal-vaginal contact though. I feel fine right now, of course, but it's only the morning after. My period won't start for another two weeks and I'm scared to wait until then to find out if I'm at risk.

Should I think about getting the Plan B pill or am I okay?

Hi Anon~

Sex is sex, whether one is "slightly" inside another or not, so your risk of pregnancy has been raised, especially since you have missed several pills. We cannot tell you whether to take Plan B or not but in cases of unprotected sex, it's something to consider. It is best taken as soon as possible and is effective up to 72 hours after sex, but the sooner the better. If you wish to take it, head to the pharmacy as soon as you can and make sure you read the paperwork with it so you take it correctly.

The fact that he did not ejaculate inside you is good but as I am sure you know, there is no such thing as "safe" sex without protection.

Good luck and thanks for writing!