Could I be pregnant, have UTI, or have a cyst?

By Anonymous March 21, 2011 - 6:31am

All of the above might sound very dramatic. Unfortunately, that is what i have been thinking for the past couple of days now. If it's too much information, I do apologize. Here is how it begins. Me and my boyfriend were making love. Of course like always, we used a condom because we r absolutely not ready for a kid. Apparently I was too dry so the condom ripped, but we didn't notice till a couple of minutes later. He did not finish, because as soon as we found out we went to CVS for the emergency contraception pill. About 3 days later after I took the pill, I started spotting, but that spotting later on turned to have a flow of a normal period, but just darker. I called my gyno and she said that it's not uncommon for women to bleed after taking the pill. Now, within a week, I am supposed to have my period. However, I am not having any usual signs that I am about to have my period. No cramping, no tender breast. Nothing. But I can't stop freaking out that I might be pregnant. I took a pregnancy test, but it was too early to tell, so it was negative. But for some reason, I have had the urge to frequently urinate even if I don't drink that much water, and the weird part about it is that it comes out clear. And sometimes, I feel like i can't empty out my bladder. Also another thing. Sometimes I feel a very sharp pain in my right ovary. One time, my boyfriend laid down on me and it wasn't like he was putting his whole weight, but the right ovary hurt so bad.

I am going to take another pregnancy test soon and am also going to make an appointment with my gyno. But before that, I wanted to know what you ladies think. Please help. I would really appreciate all the replies.
Thank you.

I have sharp pains in my left ovary, my periods are very very irregular. I am not sexually active so i know im not pregnant. For the last few months my periods have only lasted 1-3 days when i do get my period. I really need help knowing whats wrong with ,me please!

Unfortunately we cannot tell you what is wrong - you need to see a health care professional.

I really think its the cyst causing it because im goin thru the same thing

I have (pcos) that means Polly cyst ovarian syndrome I hardly have my periods. I keep utis a lot I hate it but its life I guess doctor all ways told me that if drink a lot of caffeine you can get Iris I didn't know that. I am alurgic to latex but hope everythings OK. I wish you luck with everything.

Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore. I have one more pill of UTI antibiotics but the urge to urinate and the frequency to urinate is still present. I took a couple more pregnancy test, and all came out negative. I am freaking out, and having constant anxiety. Help!!!!! What should I do or think???

The only real thing you can do is seek advice from your Dr. Only they can accurately diagnose the problem. Good luck!

Thanks for the update, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this , it sounds awful to have that constant urge to urinate.

It sounds like you need to see a urologist rather than a GYN. You may have something wrong with your bladder, urethra or other part connected to the urinary system. It's important to get this cleared up so that your kidneys remain healthy.

So I actually went to my phycisian, and tested for UTI. It turned out positive. He gave me some antibiotics. Now the only 2 things that are left for me to do are to do the pregnancy test again on the day when I am supposed to have my period just to make sure and also go to my Gyno, which I did make an appointment for, and test for ovarian cysts. I am still panicing about being pregnant every once in a while. Will update soon.
Thank You.

Hi V

Thanks for the update and I'm glad your UTI is being treated.

I look forward to your next update; hopefully it'll be a good one!

Hi again V!

Thanks for the update!

The urination symptoms are also an indicator of an ovarian cyst. Here are some other possible symptoms:

Most ovarian cysts do not cause symptoms. The two most common symptoms are:

■Pelvic pain
■Menstrual bleeding

Pain is usually caused by:

■Direct pressure from the cysts on the ovaries and surrounding structures
◦Causing chronic pelvic fullness or a dull ache
■Bleeding from a cyst into and around the ovary
◦Causing more intense, sharp pain as the blood irritates the lining of the abdomen

Pain may come and go on a regular basis. Or, you may notice the pain more:

■Just before or after your period
■During sex

Other symptoms:

■Urinary discomfort associated with bladder pressure or irritation

In rare cases, a cyst may become twisted. This can cut off its own blood supply, causing:

■Severe abdominal pain

Call your doctor right away if you have these symptoms.

You can read a lot more here:

Let me know if this helps and don't worry too much, some of these symptoms are worst-case-scenario cases that need to be mentioned but are uncommon.