could i be pregnant if I had sex a couple of days prior to forgetting two pills?

Hi there. I'm currently taking microlite, a 100mg levonorgestrel/20mg ethinylestradiol combined contraceptive pill. This is my fourth month of taking the pill. I am a Wednesday starter, and started a new pack last Wednesday, the 29th of July. The last time I had unprotected sex was the Thursday after. I then forgot to take my pills this Saturday and Sunday, the 1st and 2nd of August. I took two pills today, Monday and will do so again tomorrow. Had this occurred in the middle of a pack I probably wouldn't be particularly worried, but since I missed pills in the first week, and since sperm can stay alive inside you for up to 3 to 5 days I would like to ask if anyone has any advise?

I already checked with my pharmacy to find out if I can get Plan B, but unfortunately it's not available in Denmark where I am at the moment. I also called my doctor, who said he didn't know for certain. So I was wondering if any of you have any experience with something like this and would be able to guide me?
This is the first time I have ever been more than 12 hours late in taking a pill, and my anxiety may be down to paranoia, but it would still be nice to get some reassurance. Thank you. Penny

Hi Penny!

You do have an increased risk of ovulation (and thus pregnancy) by missing two pills in a row but if you took them as advised on your Pill packet, you are probably ok for a future pregnancy. You would have needed to use protection for 7 days after you restarted taking your Pill. Did you?

With regard to having sex and then forgetting your Pills, it's unlikely you would have ovulated and gotten pregnant in those two immediate days after. It could happen but it's unlikely.

Penny, obviously we can't guarantee you that you couldn't get pregnant, as women have told stories of getting pregnant and NEVER missing a Pill! But your odds are low.

Taking a test in about two weeks (I know, the waiting is awful) will rest your mind. Will you update us?

First of all thank you for the advice.
I will of course use extra protection for 7 to 14 days after the forgotten pills as advised by the doctor. I was most worried that I might have ovulated during those two days, especially because the missed pills were in the start of a pack, and only got more worried when my doctor had to consult someone else as well. But I think I will rest easier tonight knowin that you (and eventually my doctor) think it is highly unlikely.

I do know that the pill obviously has a failure margin, but so does every other type of contraception, and the pill, when taken correctly obviously, is one of the best types for preventing unwanted pregnancies. I hope that this was just a scare and I'll keep you posted if anything happens. Once again, thank you for your help. Penny