Could I be pregnant by missing a couple of my pills?

I have a question it's very important I have now started to be regular with my period since I started the pill but this month I forgot 3pills in a row took them ad then I forgot 2 other pills took them and then forgot 2 other and took them too but after forgetting the 3 pills I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and realized only after that I forgot 2 pills again and it's been 6 days since I had this weird cramp on the left side of my lower abdominal and started being pretty tired since that night with my boyfriend. It's been 6 days since the intercourse and yesterday I started having unregular light bleeding and my period shouldn't even start until next week.. it usually bleeds a bit in the morning and then stops around noon it's too light to seem like my regular period and since I started no matter how high my stress level was I never had such a light period even with the pill. Thank you for your help!!

-15 and worried

i had lost my pills after eating 1 row and 3 or 4 . i m little bit confuse about the pill in 2nd row that how many i have eaten 3 or 4
.so now what can i do should i buy the another pills and eat from the 2nd row 4 or what to i hav lost it day before yesterday?\

(reply to Anonymous)

I answered your question here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/lost-my-pill#comment-61400

When you miss three pills in a row, you should immediately stop taking the pills and start a new pack after your period starts (unless otherwise instructed by a Pharmacist or Physician).

If you miss your pills, you should always use a back up method of birth control for at least seven days after you start taking the pills again. The mild bleeding could be simply your body adjusting to the missed pills since the pill's main objective is to keep that under control.

Have you taken a home pregnancy test (HPT)? They are usually very accurate and you can take a test as early as the first day you miss you period. I see you are 15 years old and you can purchase a birth control test for only $1.00 at a local Dollar Store. If you take the test, it will put your mind at ease about this situation.

Please keep us updated on the results. Remember to read the instructions on the kind of birth control you are taking so that you know how many pills you can miss and how to either catch up on the pills (by taking two at a time) or when you have to stop and restart a new package. I hope this helps a little. Taking the HPT will be very helpful. Remember that the Pill is only one method of preventing pregnancy and is never 100% accurate so any time you have sex, you may become pregnant.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the information .. so are you saying that the possibility of me being pregnant are slim?? Because I called a nurse yesterday and she said it could be due to the missed pills or it could be implatation bleeding and if I'm not pregnant I'm very lucky because I've already have been having signs .. like head aches, tired (like right now I am), pain in the lower abdomen..on the left side, I used to be able to drink coffee every morning but now it just gets me sick I sometimes feel a bit sick, need to drink very often, I go to the restroom at least every hour and usually even if I drink 2litres of water I don't go as much and also I feel pressure in my lower abdomen on the left side. Thank you.

Why are you forgetting to take you pills, so much? If you are grown up enough to have sex, you have to be responsible like an adult! You may need to reevaluate you birth control options because missing pills like this can easily end in pregnancy. Talk to your doctor about other options!

The most we can tell you is that anytime you miss pills, you raise your risk of pregnancy. Your "pregnancy" signs could be PMS. The information the nurse gave you was correct although implantation bleeding is usually just a few spots - definitely not like a period.

It's funny you mention coffee. I love coffee, I never leave in the morning without having a cup! When I was pregnant will all three of my kids, coffee made me sick. In fact, for my second and third child, I knew I was pregnant because I couldn't drink coffee. I did take pregnancy tests but they only confirmed what I knew due to having such an aversion to coffee.

Take a pregnancy test in about three days and it will let you know where you stand. Unfortunately you'll have to wait it out and I know that's hard. Keep us posted, ok?

Well this month is the first time I forget my pill the other months I would only forget it an hour or two. And the bleeding is only spotting I had it a bit for 2 days and it stopped, and the time I had sex my boyfriend came at least minimum 4 times in me because we had sex on sunday,monday,tuesday and could the coffee thing be a sign?? Thank you for your help I will stay posted with you I am very worried. A girl I know said I shouldn't worry but the nurse did say I'm lucky if I"m not pregnant..and maybe I should trust a nurse a bit more because she told me she had the same experience as me. Thank you very much for you help I am so scared and don't even know what to do yet if I am pregnant because I'm against abortion.

It's good you were only an hour or two late on your pill - that won't make a difference; but it's this month that raised your risk. That was a lot of missed pills. I wish you could know now but you will simply have to wait it out. That's a horrible feeling, I know but in this situation, there is nothing else you can do. Please let us know as soon as you get your period, ok? I'll be hoping that you get it and soon! Don't worry quite yet but do not listen to teenagers informing you about your risks of pregnancy - listen to your nurse!

I hope to hear good news from you soon!

Ok well that girl is 25 years old but I am listening to the nurse because we're all different right? And I really hope I start it soon.. hopefully I'm lucky because I did miss at least 5 pills.

Oh, I thought when you said 'girl' that she was also a teen. Anyone who tells you that you should be fine, having missed 5 pills in one month with unprotected sex is not knowledgeable about birth control and how our reproductive systems work.

I do really hope you'll be fine. 15 and pregnant would not be a good thing but either way you WILL work through this and WILL be ok. We're here to help! Let us know when you know more!

This morning I had a little bit of spotting again and period isn't suppose to start yet. It's suppose to be Tuesday only and I actually never have spotting before I start not even if I miss pills because last year I did miss some before I stopped and I restarted and the spotting is really weird it's not a regular red it's really brownish again.. I did read that the implantation bleeding can be that color and this morning I decided to drink Pepsi because the coffee is really too much to handle it seems. Can't drink coffee no more it's pretty sad :( I do hope I'm fine too and that I'm no where to be pregnant yes do hope one day I will be but not now really not ready. And it's killing me inside right now to not know and knowing that if I am I have to take a decision.My boyfriend told me that what ever decision I take he will be there but I really don't support abortion it's killing a baby and I can't do it because it's killing MY baby and it's part of the guy I like also. Thank you Susan for your help.. but I really wonder if what the nurse said is true.. am I lucky if I'm not pregnant?

-J or 15 and worried