could i be prego

By September 1, 2010 - 10:47pm

oh yeah i just sent you the message a few mins ago..but if i had my period or what i think 2 days after taking plan b when should i take my pregancy test

my periods will now be really messed..so i wont no if im late or what

Hi Calabaza

I did receive more information from you, thank you.

Currently, you are using Plan B as a method of birth control which is not how it should be used. It's for emergencies only. Taking it every time you have unprotected sex with disrupt you cycle entirely and the chances of you having a regular 28 day cycle will decrease.

This means you'll never quite know where you are in your cycle, thus always wondering if you are pregnant. Also, the success rate of Plan B is only 80% so you are risking pregnancy.

Your best bet it to see a doctor about going on the birth control pill or other method (including condoms). You will need to take these pills exactly as instructed.

In the meantime, use condoms every time you have sex (do not use the Plan B pill as birth control anymore) until your cycle evens out and you know you are not pregnant. Then begin using the pill or another form of regular birth control that suits your needs.

For more information on the many methods of birth control, click here : http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/birth-control-what-works-what-doesn-t-and-what-s-best-you

Let me know what you think!

Hi Calabaza

It is usually recommended that you do not take an over the counter pregnancy test until a week after your missed period. I hope that answers your question. Please let us know if we can help you further.

Thanks for writing.