Could I have early menopause?

I have just turned 43, my period is very late, cannot be pregnant as have no sex drive and haven't slept with my husband in many months, he has also had a vasectomy.....I have the stomach cramps as if my period is due, but nothing....my periods are always regular....thanks

Hello Lesley,

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.

It is very possible that you are experiencing one of the earliest signs of perimenopause. During this transition period in a woman's reproductive life, estrogen levels fluctuate and cause menstrual irregularities.

Please visit the EmpowHER Perimenopause page.

Hope this is helpful.

Perimenopause Guide