Could I have gotten pregnant? Is there a chance? Please help!

By June 28, 2016 - 9:03pm

Ok soooooo

My best friend and I have an agreement that we will have a child together.

I'm in Australia so I don't know what the days are like for everyone here, but right now its Tuesday the 28th June.

On Sunday the 26th we had unprotected sex, mid afternoon on Sat I noticed I had a big glob of jelly slippery discharge come out of me (sorry TMI) I'm assuming this is fertile cervical mucus??

Does that mean I had already ovulated?? Or I was about to ovulate or what??

Am I in for a chance at getting pregnant if we had sex on the Sunday?? Im so confused by it all!! I'm on cycle day 18 today (have a 30 day cycle, next period is due on the 11th July)

Someone please help!!

Thanks! xx

Hi canonlywish24,

We cannot interpret your cycle for you to any great degree. You need to do that by following your dates carefully. There are apps that can help with this and they are free to download.

Some woman have a lot of discharge all month, some don't at all and others do during ovulation. This may have been what this "big glob" could have been meaning you were ovulating. If you had sex the next day you still may have a chance at pregnancy. But you will have to wait a couple of weeks now to test if you don't get your period beforehand. Most healthy couples conceive within 6 months so be patient.

I have added a link here about ovulation to help you understand more: http://www.empowher.com/infertility-fertility/content/whats-ovulation-have-do-pregnancy