could i miss a period and not be pregnant? how could i have it back?

By Anonymous March 5, 2012 - 5:15am

here's the thing, i really doubt i am. i never had sex, only fingering, and dry hump. i doubt there are any sperm on his hand since we never do our foreplay naked. he slips his hand inside whatever i am wearing and he never ejaculates while fingering me.

i think i am irregular, i missed a period often, but the longest (before this) was 17 days. (i didnt pay much attention to my cycle, but i remember way back that i missed periods for a month or so..) my period is inconsistent also, 31 - 40++ days the normal. also, i had been under emotional stress and physical stress. i have always stayed up late, and often had 3-4 hours of sleep only. i also had severe colds and had to take in meds for the colds. i was also anxious about getting pregnant, causing me to stress more.

to sum up..
- could my missed period be pregnancy or some other thing? (sorry to ask, its just i cant imagine myself buying pt, and my bf doubts i am pregnant since he told me he is very cautious everytime we do this)
- is this normal for my age? (im a teen by the way, roughly 18 to be precise)
- should i worry? i just cant convince myself to be impregnated this way. :l
- what could be the reason for my missed period??

Welcome to EmpowHER. If there was no intercourse or penetration, it's unlikely you will be pregnant.  Stress is another factor that may delay your period.  If you are still concerned, you might want to take a pregnancy test.  At your age some girls experience hormonal changes and can cause changes to your cycle. 

Here is a link that might be helpful

taking PT is none of our option. im just a worry wart, and i just wanted to know if this is unusual or what, considering that i am somehow irregular and under a lot of stress and was quite emotionally unstable this past few months. and that i am still a teen.