Could I still end up pregnant?? confused

By March 15, 2012 - 7:54am

I have been on sprintec for about 2 years now. I stopped taking it in the beginning of my second week on the 6th of March. I had unprotected sex on the 8th of March. The next day on the 9th I started withdrawal bleeding probably due to stopping my pills but I am still bleeding and its been a week now. I am wondering if the withdrawal bleeding confirms I won't end up pregnant from having sex on the 8th??

- it's a possibility, albeit a very slim one.

So then is it possible I could have ovulated during my withhdrawal bleeding??

Hi Mommie of 1

Your risk is quite low since you had only come off the Pill two days before but we can't say that it's a guarantee that it means you are not pregnant. I think it's a good idea to take a pregnancy test two weeks after you had unprotected sex, to make sure.