Could yeast be the cause of my vulvar pain even when cultures are negative

I was symptom free from vulvar pain and burning for ten years. In early April I developed what felt like a yeast infection. After seeing my obgyn, She started me on ittrconozle. This always seemed to help in the past after a a week or two. However, this time I was on 400mgs a day for about five weeks and only noticed a small reduction in pain. I was tested again for a yeast infection and nothing showed up, so a specialists told me to stop the anti fungual which had in the past always worked even if nothing showed up under the microscope. I stopped the anti fungal medication and my pain has increased as well as sort of "pins and needles sensation after sitting especially around my sits bones. Also, sugar and carbs always seem to increase symptoms. Could the yeast be "hiding" so that my results are negative, or could the yeast become resistant to the ittrconazole. Help! I am very depressed after having this very bad for eight years. Got totally better with difulcan, then over the years progressed to combo difulcan and lamsil then progressed to current antifungal.

Thanks for your post and I am sorry you are in so much pain and discomfort. 

Generally tests for yeast infections are accurate but nothing is always a guarantee. 

Diflucan, as you mentioned, is really good for yeast infections. You may want to talk to your doctor about solely going back on that, rather than combos or other medications. 

Do you know why you were taken off the Diflucan? 

Also, since you have other pain like pins and needles, have you considered being checked for nerve damage? 

There is another issue worth talking about that is a condition called Vulvodynia. Have you heard of this?

Vulvodynia is chronic pain of the vulva and is actually connected to having many yeast infections. You can read about this here:      

Tell me what you think!

Yeast Infection

Yeast Infection Guide