ask: cracked skin on feet around sole

By heidiskarma March 24, 2012 - 7:30am

I do drink lots of water; it is particle all i drink. I drink no soda at all. My diet consists of very little meat none of it red. I have fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, psorisis and psoratic arthritis, plus c.r.p.s. In my l foot and bursitis in my shoulders. My feet have been a problem ever since i was a child. I have always gotten cramps in my toes and had tough feet. I hardly ever wear shoes as they hurt my feet. I use loation either no mineral oil but my hands and feet seem to always stay dry and crack around the nails ( family problem). My nails have become weak on my hands since my hypothyroidism they have always peeled. I have vertical lines in my nails with slightly pronounced rigs. The moon on my nail bed is small but well formed . The nails themselves are a healthy pink color no blue or yellowish Discoloration, slightly pitted but that is psoratic arthritis.

Hi Heidi,
Thank you for your question and I am sorry that you are having this problem with your feet along with your other issues. There may be a combination of reasons why you are having the rough feet and you should certainly follow up with your physician as there are many things going on all at once. This is not a simple answer to your question such as dry seasonal issues. This could be a blood flow issue, genetic issue as you mentioned so you should certainly follow up with your treating physician.

Good luck and keep us posted.

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: