Q: 

Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By March 21, 2011 - 1:04pm

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

Hello, I had unprotected sex on 13th of April and I used postinor 2 after 2hours,I started bleeding on 18th April which is the normal start date for my period and it lasted for 5days.My next period is expected to start on 13th may since I have a 25 to 26 day cycle.I have been experiencing cramps since yesterday and it seems my breast got tender.Am really freaking out,help pls

Anonymous

so i started a new birth control 4 weeks ago. two weeks prior to that i was off of my last birth control bc i was getting anxiety from it. i had my period right when i stopped my pill on march 26- april 1. then had the two week break and started my three month birth control april 16. i completed that week of birth control and then the next week on a tuesday i missed on of my pills and doubled up the next day. then 6 days later i had sex with out a condom. i got so scared i took plan b. i started to get side effects a day after. i had really bad anxiety the first day, the second day was alright just a little dizzy and nauseas. then i started to get fatigued, and have hot flashes every so often. yesterday, which would be 9 days after taking plan b i started getting cramps. like i get when i have my period. but i'm on a three month birth control and today would be my last pill to complete four weeks. could anyone tell me my chances of pregnancy and why i'm cramping and what i should expect.?

Anonymous

I am on birth control and had unprotected sex exactly a month ago, but was late on 2 birth control pills a few days apart the same week that I had sex. I took plan b about 58 hours after we had sex. Side effects didn't start for about 5 days after taking the pill, but they still haven't gone away. I have lower backaches, cramping, and occasional nausea. I took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it came back negative, but could it have been a false negative or could plan b still be causing side effects since I'm still taking my birth control too? Also I don't get my period regularly with the birth control I'm on (lo loestrin fe) to know if I've missed one or not.

Anonymous

My last cycle was April 1 I had unprotected sex the following week, my next cycle was expected about a week now but nothing, except when I pee and wiped there is this pink discharge on the tissue is it possible that I'm pregnant ...

Anonymous

ANON,
Had sex 04/26, condom broke and took a plan b a hour after. That was on a Sunday and I was just finishing my period (sat night/sun morning) directly a week later I had what I was assuming my period- heavy bleeding for 5 days, bad cramping, a pimple breakout- which was a little conserning due to the fact I had a period just a week before that- took a HPT on the 5th after sex, on the 10th day and on the 16th day (16th day was done at the hospital, urine) each one came back negative. Just wondering should I do another hpt next weekend or does it seem like I'm in the clear?
(P.s, I'm a bigger girl so I don't even know if taking plan b was even worthwhile)

Hello Anon

Based on what you said above, you're in the clear.

Anonymous

For 2 months been getting spotting periods last month hardly any blood or anything it was more like pink spotting. Came of the pill after that for 4 days been getting period like pains and 1 day sharp aches but no blood. Today I had a few aches, migraine , dizzy and very hungry. Tested but negative. What do you think it could be?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I do not know what the cause might be so please contact your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello! I was due to get my period May 1st. I usually have a 32-34 day cycle. My DH and I had sex on April 29th ,2 days before period, but the condom slipped off during intercourse. He had not ejaculated yet. He takes Prozac so he hasn't ejaculated in over 2 1\2 months since we became intimate again after having some medical issues on his part. Anyway, my chart says I ovulated on the 14 th of April. After the condom slipped off we stopped immediately and I took a plan B within 2 hours of the condom coming off. I am 170 lbs, besides my weight, what is the likelihood that the plan b worked. I was way past my ovulation window seeing as though I was due to get my period in 2 days. I haven't gotten my period yet (dueMay1st.) and I've had a negative pregnancy test as of the 5th. It may be too soon to test but I thought I'd give it a shot. Could the Plan B have stopped my period from starting on time? What are the chances I could be pregnant?I've also had some cramping today (may8th) like I'm going to get my period but no blood as of yet. Thank you in advance.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

In addition to your weight, taking an emergency contraceptive after ovulation made it useless.

An ECP prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation.

The pill can cause changes in the menstrual cycle. Your next period can start earlier or later than expected. Flow can be lighter or heavier than normal.

If you do not get a period or do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, please contact your gynecologist.

Regards,