ask: Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

I'm not sure if people still post to this but
I had sex with my boyfriend on the 30th of May, having my period ended on the Thursday prior to that Saturday. during sex his condom broke and we stopped intercourse right there. The condom was a spermicidal one. The next day, roughly 18 hours after almost sex I took plan b one step. We decided it was best that I took this just in case. I had cramping immediately afterwards and after 2 and a half weeks, got my period. At first it was a lot of brown discharge and then towards the end of the days, it was regular bleeding. Now that it has been about a week since I'm getting cramping pains again. Does this mean that the pill did not work or is this merely a side effect? Please help. - from clueless in wv.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi clueless in wv,

Since you had just finished your period two days prior to intercourse, it was too early for ovulation and therefore, no risk for pregnancy even though the condom broke.

Plan B was effective because you had vaginal bleeding.

Do you normally have premenstrual cramps? If so, that is what the cramping might be.

Some women will start their next period earlier or later than expected. This is a side effect of Plan B.

If the cramping persists, worsens and doesn't feel like premenstrual cramps, please contact your physician.

Regards,

Anonymous

On may 3rd me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. My period just end in late april, I took the plan b less then a hour after having sex. I didn't get my period in late may. im starting to feel a little sickness and stomach pain in the middle of june. Im worried what should I do, could I be pregnancy or the sides effects of the plan b.

You need to consult with a gynecologist or your primary care physician. Either you are pregnant or have a serious hormonal imbalance, both of which can be determined with blood tests.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

But two weeks after sex I didn't feel any symptoms of being pregnant

Two weeks would be too early to feel any symptoms, if indeed you are pregnant.

I suggested you contact a physician because I am concerned about your complaint of stomach pain, and that you have not had any vaginal bleeding or a period since April.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi,
My Boyfriend and I had sex on my period (last day of it) and the condom broke about three weeks or four ago. I took plan B about 5 hours later. We have had sex since then, but he never has told me the condom broke since that one time so Im sure it hasnt. I bled for about four days after I took Plan B. Now my period is running a few days late, Im cramping but still no period. Ive taken four pregnancy tests in the last week or so, all negative. Am I pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to trust the tests, otherwise there is no point in taking four of them. Your period is probably irregular due to taking Plan B. We can't say when it will come along but it should be in the next week or two.

Anonymous

Hi i took pln b a month ago and got a period or what i think was one 2/3 days after the pill i bleed for 15 days and was expected to have a period last sunday however its a week late . Is this normal?

Thnxs

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I had sex on April 4 with a spermicide condom that broke and he ejaculated in me. Took the Plan B pill the next morning (24-28 hours later) and about 6 days after taking plan b I had light bleeding that was brown and a little red that lasted 2 1/2 days. No bleeding since then. My breasts are a little sore and I feel fatigued and nauseous at times, not sure if it's due to worrying. I've been having some cramping for a few days but no sign of my period. Help!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: