Q: 

Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By March 21, 2011 - 1:04pm

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I had sex a day after my period had ended, he didn't ejaculate inside me but because of precum and what I've read about it, I took Plan B the next day(6/14) as a precaution. I felt no sypmtoms at first. On Monday(6/19) night i had a little spotting leading to Tuesday having some bleeding as if it was a light flow period until Thursday(6/24) . This was my first time taking Plan B, and just want to know if this is normal to happen or if i should be worried? Because i also read it doesn't work for over weight girls, im currently weighing 178lbs.

Hello Anon

You should be ok. Pharm companies are starting to do a reversal of what they originally started about this birth control being ineffective for those over 175 lbs. Your bleeding confirms you will not get pregnant.

Anonymous

Ok, so i had unprotected sex the 6th day in my cycle(Fri). I took the morning after pill the Sunday morning. I started getting spotting on the 12th...very little amounts and pinkish which turned to brown and then went back to pink, it came n went and is now looking like a period that also comes and goes. Other symptoms I have are lower back pain, some constipation, serious mood swings and crying over very minor things, frequent urination, bloated stomach and uterus feels full with mad minor cramps every now n then and im also leaking milk from my nipples. Im not actually due AF until this coming Saturday 24th but so far all test have been negative. Ive never had effects from the morning after pill before in my life but i had blood tests for prolactin levels which came back normal!
Really confused.....will never take the MAP again, this is horrendous.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

The more frequently they are taken, the more likely a woman is to have side effects and an irregular cycle. They should be taken only for emergencies, not used as a method of birth control.
Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception. They should get back to normal by the second cycle after.

Anonymous

I have a question i took the pill for the next day 2 hours after i had sex that was the june 5 and after 4 days i had some spotting that was the 10th and i had that spotting for 3 days and from then i have some cramps my breast hurts a little and i've been feeling tired and now im having cramps on one side the left side my period should come the 26 of this month .. i might be pregnant or should i wait for my period to come..?

Anonymous

Hi I had protected sex a day or two after my period, but we are unsure if he had precum and I read precum can cause pregnancy. I took the emergency pill 35 hours after having intercourse and its going to be going on 2 weeks since I took the pill. I'm feeling a little nausea, had slight cramping, a headache and about 7 days after taking the pill I had slight spotting on my underwear for 2 days. I've been feeling nausea for a few days and its only been 2 weeks since I took Plan B. I had no symptoms whatsoever after taking the pill till now, could I be pregnant or is this the pill?

Anonymous

Hi, so I had sex on the 29th of April and took a EC pill on the the 30th. I had what I'm pretty sure was my period the 7th of May which was two days early, itasted about four days which is pretty normal for me. I started having cramps the 16th of may and kinda freaked out so took a pregnancy test and it was negative, later that week still having cramps so I took another test and it was also negative. On the 22nd I took another test because I was still kind of having cramps that one also came back negative. My next period is suppose to be June 3rd. Is any of this normal?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Try to relax because stress will only delay the start of your period. The cramping may be related to anxiety.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Had unprotected sex on 5/16, the my app shows day after ovulation (med chance of pregnancy) I took plan B less than 24 hrs later, but I am now 2 days late...and cramping like I should be starting any time...