Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By March 21, 2011 - 1:04pm

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

My bf and I had sex Feb 8th, 9th, and 11th. 8-9th were my most fertile days, and he came in me. On the 11th he did it again. I took a plan b that same day on the 11th. my period was due three days ago so I'm not sure if taking the plan b effects it now even though I took it more than 2 weeks ago? I'm usually on time with my period. I NEED ANSWERS.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Plan B prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. You took it after ovulation, so I cannot say how effective it was.

Wait one more week. If you still do not have any bleeding or your period, test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

I am 20 days from taking the pill and yesterday I got a little spotting discharge and today I just started getting light bright red bleeding and discharge with severe cramps and lower back pain. It's on my normal day I get my period, it seems like a light period which I have never gotten before with discharge.. Is this normal?

Hello Anon

It sounds like you have your period. The period after taking EC can be a little different. If you still have pregnancy concerns, a test can provide reassurance.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on february 7th but he didnt ejaculate. I took a plan b exactly 48 hours later. i havent gotten my period yet but im getting cramps and im slightly bloated. Will it come this week? Does the pill still work if i took it 2 days later ?
(I was on birth control a month ago and had my period around the end of january so will me being on birth control before affect my fertility? Im not sure if i was ovulating on the 7th)

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Plan B will be effective if taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.

Are you still taking birth control?

Plan B prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. It can cause changes in your menstrual cycle. Your next period can start earlier or later than expected, but usually not by more than five days. Flow might be lighter or heavier than normal.

If you have no bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, test for pregnancy and speak with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, my last period was 3rb feb. Had unprotected sex 14th feb, my fertile window was 13th -17th feb. I've been having cramping on and off since having sex. I took the map 17hrs later. I've read if over weight the map won't work, is that true.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

That is correct. All emergency contraceptive pills, regardless of type, appear to be significantly less effective for obese women.

Plan B One-Step, the U.S.' best-known "morning-after pill," is warning patients that its product doesn't work well for women who weigh more than 165 pounds. And it doesn't work at all for women over 176 pounds.

Anonymous, all that you can do is wait for bleeding or your period to start.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took plan b 4/5 hours after the condom broke during sex. 2 weeks later I had a light period and then another lighter bleed 3 weeks after that. It has been 7.5 weeks since the encounter and I have not had sex since then. I am also over 175 pounds. I way weighed around 215/220 at the time of taking plan b. I am experiencing a constant stomach pain almost almost like a turning feeling all day. Should I be concerned?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I do not think you need to be concern about pregnancy because you did have two periods, though light, after taking Plan B.

However, a constant stomach pain is a concern. Consider speaking with your physician about this.

Regards,