Q: 

Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By March 21, 2011 - 1:04pm

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

Thank you. I've taken 2 home pregnancy tests over the past days and both say negative. I have taken 8 from the first time of unprotected and all say negative. So I'm guessing my anxiety and the pill is just playing up.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex the day after my period. He did not cum inside but am afraid of pre cum. I got my periods on time. We had unprotected sex again, I took the morning after pill. I'm 3 days late for my period. I feel nauseous. But I do suffer from anxiety.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, breast pain, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.
The more frequently they are taken, the more likely a woman is to have side effects and an irregular cycle. They should be taken only for emergencies, not used as a method of birth control.
Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception. We cannot predict this for our readers in terms of length of delays. Each women is different. Periods should get back to normal by the second cycle after.

Anonymous

I do not have a response to your problem, but I have a question and couldn't figure out how to post. I started my period June 3rd and took plan b around June 10th. It is now July 9th, I have yet to have my period and I'm showing side effects like my boobs are sore and I'm cramping and feel nauseous. Are these from the plan b or do you think I am pregnant?

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on 3rd july and 1 day before ovulation and he came between my butt cheeks .is it possible to get pregnant? I took plan b.. I got scared

Anonymous

i took the emergency pill on the 3rd of June 2017 after the condom burst. My period is now two weeks late and i did a test on the 2nd of July it was negative. Am worried now what could be wrong

Same exact situation for me, i took plan b the 4th, bleeding on the 7th..its now july 9th and no period. I just had a baby april 25th so, this is pretty scary...pregnancy test was negwt8ve on July 5th

Anonymous

i had sex and the condom broke. he pulled out but both of us are freaking out. i took the plan b within a hour of the sex. it has been 2 days and im tired, boobs are sore and cramping . my periods are not normal. ive taken 2 pregnancy tests both were negative. too soon? please help. what do i need to do or look for .

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex a couple of weeks ago and he ejaculated in me and the next day i took the plan b and i haven't gotten my period yet but ive been having period cramps but im not bleeding and i haven't taken a pregnancy test yet im so scared

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I had sex a day after my period had ended, he didn't ejaculate inside me but because of precum and what I've read about it, I took Plan B the next day(6/14) as a precaution. I felt no sypmtoms at first. On Monday(6/19) night i had a little spotting leading to Tuesday having some bleeding as if it was a light flow period until Thursday(6/24) . This was my first time taking Plan B, and just want to know if this is normal to happen or if i should be worried? Because i also read it doesn't work for over weight girls, im currently weighing 178lbs.