ask: Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

I took the morning after pill on the 17 August - had sex that morning took the pill that night. I had break through bleeding for 3 days a week later. It's now the 22nd of September and I have started having period cramps and breast tenderness and I'm feeling a bit nauseas.. could it be my period coming or could I be pregnant.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to nur303)

Hi nur 303

Emergency contraception is about 90-95% effective when taken within 24 hours (which you did) so your symptoms are far more likely to be PMS than pregnancy. A test would be accurate by now if you want to confirm this.

Hi, here is my concern because I don't know if these might be signs of pregnancy or symptoms of taking plan B. Please don't judge but, on August 28th or 29th I had unprotected sex wit my boyfriend. I also stopped taking birth control pills because I was feeling abdominal pain from them. But I noticed I had abdominal pain and I took a pregnancy test a week after, it came out negative... then positive. On September 6 we went to the CVS, and spoke to a pharmacist told her our concern. Said said it is okay for me to take plan b. My period is supposed to be September 14. But I took the pill and ever since I took it I have been having period like pain. What are your thoughts ? am I pregnant if so did I find out on my own a week after, I am stressed out about this and don't know if I made the right decision by taking plan b.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Plan B won't work after 8 days after sex, your pharmacist gave you bad advice.

Since you had a positive test, you need to retest now to see the result and take it from there.

I took plan b a little over a week ago and now I am experiencing nausea, tiredness and my back hurts...its too early for a test but my period isn't due for another 3 weeks about.. Is there a chance this may be signs of early pregnancy? I took the plan b pill about 60 hrs after unprotected sex and he fully ejaculates in me....also did about 4 or 5 times after I had taken the plan b

Hi. My girlfriend had her period on 28 Aug, thursday. We messed around on 2nd sep wednesday the next week. We didnt have sex, but we might have touched a bit and exchanged precum by slight touching (not grinding), even though i havent ejaculated for weeks and been peeing alot before that, and i didnt ejaculate that day either. We're both still virgins. But being careful, she took plan be on the 4th sep friday at night, within the 72 hr timeline. Her period is due on 17th sep thursday as she says. She's been experiencing abdominal pain, tender breasts and nausea, even tho these are side effects of the Plan B pill, these are common with pregnancy and its freaking her out, hence she's anxious and panics. Could you tell me if it was her time of ovulation, and whether this pill will work in time?

She does have a risk of pregnancy if sperm was in the pre-ejaculate. We don't know when your girlfriend ovulated but it's probable that was much later after this date.
Her symptoms sound like PMS. She needs to read up on the side effects on taking Plan B.

Her risk is low, probably less than 5%. Her period may be delayed from taking Plan B. We can't say when it may happen.

My period ended July 31st. I had unprotexted sex on August 2nd. It wasn't a fertile day I took plan B on August 3rd, 15 hours later. I haven't had my period yet, I haven't been experiencing any pregnancy symptoms. I've had a few little cramps since yesterday but I'm freaking out and I'm guessing it's because I'm only 15 and I don't want my parents to know. Someone please help.

Your risk is very low - emergency contraception is 90-95% effective when taken within 24 hours. Plan B can delay the next period.

15 and unprotected sex is really dumb, Anon. If you are old enough to have sex, you're old enough to know better :)

I took plan b after me and my boyfriend had sex and the condom broke about 3 days after (my normal period time) I started bleeding brownish reddish but then it turned into a normal period ... I experienced normal symptoms throughout the period ... It's now been a week or so after my period has ended and I'm just now getting the normal symptoms of plan b... I don't know what it means it's been 2 days with being dizzy and stomach and back pains as well as a lot of burping ... I think I'm gonna wait it out as I'm only 15 and don't want my family to know... But if you know anything about it please let me know

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: