ask: Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By CazAnne

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem now.... I had unprotected sex two weeks ago and took plan b after 24 hours. A week after right when I expected my period I bled for 1 day and 1/2 then now that two weeks have passes I'm cramping for 3 days straight but with no period. I took 2 hpt tests and were negative. Have you been informed of anything, why this happens?

Anonymous

Hi CazAnne,
Since you are still experiencing the cramping, you should consult your physician immediately.

Please keep us updated.
Missie

CazAnne (reply to Anonymous)

thnks! i'll make an appt!

Hi CazAnne,

According to the website, RxList.com, the most common adverse side effects of Plan B include nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache and menstrual changes. Periods can be heavier or lighter than normal after taking Plan B. Menstrual bleeding patterns are often irregular. Some women may experience spotting a few days after taking Plan B. At the time of expected menses, approximately 75% of women using Plan B had vaginal bleeding similar to their normal menses, 12-13% bled more than usual, and 12% bled less than usual. The majority of women (87%) had their next menstrual period at the expected time or within ± 7 days, while 13% had a delay of more than 7 days beyond the anticipated onset of menses.
If your period is late by more than one week and the cramping gets worse, call your doctor.

CazAnne (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Well its now been 9 days worth of cramping. took two hpts. a week apart both neg. Would the plan b be affecting me this long after taking it? Everyhting I've read said that most of the side effects of the Plan B says they only last 24-48 hrs. plus my cramping and what-not didnt START until two weeks later! I'm so confused! Should I see my doctor. what else could the problem be?? Thanks!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: