Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By CazAnne March 21, 2011 - 1:04pm

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm slightly worrying and would love ANY help. I recently (like 5 days ago) had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend. I took plan b no more than 4 hours afterwards. The entire day I had light cramping, but felt really sensitive/bloated on my right side of my pelvis area (almost like where the right ovary is). I still feel this kind of bloatedness/sensitivity, and I am wondering if it could still be related to the side effects of plan B? I'm also slightly nervous about STD/STI's. Additional info: I'm due for my period in the next 5 or 6 days. I'm not on the pill, but I'm pretty regular. Any info would help a ton. Thank you in advance!!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Plan B can have some very uncomfortable side effects for some women including nausea, stomach pain and cramping so this may be what's going on with you. Your risk of pregnancy because you took Plan B.

You can test for pregnancy two weeks after sex.

Anonymous 123

Hi, I recently had my IUD removed, like on the 8th of January, and was planning on having one put back in on the 17th of February. Meanwhile I had unprotected intercourse with my fiancé on the 30th of January. We did do the withdrawal method, but I know it's not always 100% safe. I was concerned so I went out and bought Plan B, and took it around 6 hours after we had intercourse. Now, I didn't realize this until after, but I'm more than 100% positive I was ovulating. I'm not sure if bleeding the day after the IUD removal for 5 days counts as a period, but I know that I must be due anytime for a normal one. After taking the Plan B Saturday, I didn't haven't any side effects until Monday at 2:00am. I woke up with a dry mouth, feeling very nauseous, and a slight headache. It's now Wednesday, and I'm still nauseous. I'm worried I could be pregnant. Also I'm 43 and I weight 185lbs. I read AFTER I took Plan B that it doesn't work with larger women. Can someone give me any advice that would ease my mind? I'm still waiting ever so patiently for my period to come, and I know eventually I'll have to go to the doctors. I did buy a home pregnancy test, but I think it might be too early to test.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous 123)

Hi again
Your question was already answered on another post you made.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on January 22 around 6pm .That we remember he had pulled out as soon as he felt that he was going to come. Actually before that we were fooling around and I had given him a bj. So there probably shouldn't had been any pre-ejaculae. Anyways when he felt that he was going to ejaculate he pulled out. After that we just stopped. Later that night I was woken up around 2am with some cramps and saw some pinkish red blood but not like a period blood. In the morning I got up went to work but I don't know why I was just a bit worried and my partner was also worried too. I decided to take plan b just to be sure. I took it 18 hrs later after unprotected sex. I don't think I could had ended up pregnant since he had pulled out right before he felt he was going to come, but I just want to be sure that I won't. According to a period tracker app. I was suppose to ovulate either the 23 or 24 and it shows that there's a high chance of pregnancy. Well its almost a week since we had sex and only 5 days since I took plan b and I sometimes feel nauseous, I'm just a bit worried sometimes I don't know what to believe or think.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Sometimes, feeling anxious can cause you to feel nauseous.

Plan B prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. Since your period tracker app indicated that you would be ovulating on either January 23 or 24, Plan B might have prevent ovulation.

I don't know what caused the cramping or pinkish vaginal discharge but I will give a guess that it was related to ovulation.

If you do not have any vaginal bleeding within the next two weeks, you can take a home pregnancy test or consult your gynecologist.

Regards,

cassieann

So last Monday (1-18) my boyfriend came over and we were fooling around and I gave him a blow job. Afterwards he fingered me but barely went in and we're not sure if he had semen on his fingers or not, but I'm still a virgin. I'm worried that I might be pregnant like my period is supposed to come next week but I've been stressing out over it and I feel like it might delay it. The more I read out it on google the more anxiety I have. My friend told me to calm down. She said if I think I'm pregnant my body is going to think so also. Can you help me?!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to cassieann)

Hi cassieann!

I think you need to follow your friend's advice! Don't get overly-dramatic about this, stress can affect your cycle.

Since you have no idea if any sperm was on his hands (and you'd have to work hard at placing it on the tip of a finger for insemination) it's highly unlikely.

Don't waste a minute worrying about something if there is nothing you can do about it. Your period will along in due time, I'm sure.

Thanks so much for the advice Susan! I have one more thing to ask you... Is it normal for me to being having sharp pains near my lower abdomen? it doesn't feel like cramps or anything and it's freaking me out again.

Hello again!
I'm going to say this is PMS or stress related. It's amazing the power the mind has over the body. Hang tight, your period will be along soon.