Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By CazAnne March 21, 2011 - 1:04pm

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

Hi, I had sex 2 weeks ago with my ex boyfriend. Did not mind if I was pregnant. About 4 days ago I had sex with a different man , someone from my past. But someone I wouldn't be okay getting pregnant by so I took the plan b pill right away. But bow my stomach has been hurting and it has been 4 days ... Advice please ?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Stomach discomfort could be a side effect of Plan B, or a reaction to something you ate. If it worsens or persists, and you have nausea and or vomiting, speak with your physician.

Otherwise wait for vaginal bleeding or your next period, which will show the pill worked to prevent pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello!
My last period started on May 12 and lasted 6 days. Then on the 28th Saturday intercourse happened and we didn't realise the condom broke until it was too late. I took Postinor 2 on the 29th Sunday(first pill 7 hours after intercourse, second, as recommended, exactly after 12 hours). About 3 days later I experienced brown spotting but very light and it didn't continue the following days. Also, my period is very irregular so i cannot tell exactly if I was ovulating at the time of the accident. My period tracking app calculated that I should either get my menses on June 1 OR June 18. Now it is 9th of June and nothing. I am also going to wait until the 18th of June (exactly 3 weeks after intercourse) to take the pregnancy test to be sure of the result. My question is: what are the odds of becoming pregnant, considering i took the pill and experienced that brown spotting?
Note: I also took the pill somewhere around the beggining of may(can't remember)..so that's 2 pills the past 2 menstrual cycles..1 pill/menstrual cycle ( I am aware of the harmful effects but there was no other option available)

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Condoms are always an option, you just have to pop one in your wallet and it'll be there for emergencies.

Your risk is very low, even if you don't know if you were ovulating or not. P2 is 95% effective when taken within the first 24 hours which is when you took it.

Anonymous

Hello, when is it appropriate to take an at home pregnancy test? I took plan b with in twelve hours of sex (no ejaculation) and had some side effects that are now fading away. I also had bleeding a week after plan b (spotting for two days and full bleeding for 5) it's been 3.5 weeks now, 2 negative pregnancy tests, but I'm sti terrified. I just experienced vibrating in my lower abdomen and the Internet says that could be an early sign of pregnancy! Also, the bleeding I experienced my not be my period according to the plan b hotline, on withdrawal blood, what ever that is. I really hope I'm over thinking all of this. Please help! Thank you!

Be careful about doing too much internet research, you will come up with solutions that have nothing to do with your issue and frighten you.

Your tests are negative - believe them. You had a lot of bleeding - this means you're not pregnant.

Plan B can cause side effects that include your next regular period being very early to very late. This is why I only recommend emergency contraception in a real emergency. Using a condom takes away 98% of pregnancy risks.

Anonymous

I had a period the last week in April going into May and I had unprotected sex on May 7, he did not ejaculate in me but I am nervous about the pre-ejaculation so I took the plan b pill literally about an hour or two after sex, I had just recently started taking my birth control again on may 4 or 5 and May is almost over and I still haven't had a period yet. So I skipped to my placebo pills to make my period come but I already took 2 of the 4 and nothing has happened yet. I took 3 at home tests and they all came back negative.. so I'm not sure what to do. any suggestions?

You;re not pregnancy (based on three tests) so my advice is to wait it out until your period comes and then restart the pills per the instructions. Taking Plan B disrupts your cycle so this is probably why you are late.

Hi Susan, thank you this helped but I have one more question.. my stomach has been feeling weird lately like I can barely eat anything so that has me worried on top of what I said in my previous post, could that just be nerves or what? I'm really worried

Stress can impact the body quite strongly, including causing over-eating or a lack of appetite and discomfort.

If you don't feel better soon, talk to your doctor. You may have some sort of intestinal/digestive bug.