ask: Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By CazAnne March 21, 2011 - 1:04pm

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Hey , I had something like a period 2 weeks ago. It's seemed way to heavy to be Imp. Bleeding. Friday I started having chest pains in between my breasts, bloating, and feel like I have a lot of indigestion or built up gas inside of me .. Could this be from me taking plan b almost 4 weeks ago. Like is it possible for my hormones to just be changing still from the effects of plan b or do you think I'm pregnant .. I really don't feel much different other than the symptoms ablove. I've taken three pregnancy tests and they have all been negative . But I'm scared I'm too early as it will only be 5 weeks Tuesday. :( help.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Implantation bleeding is spotty, pink or brown discharge that lasts only a few days, and never increases to a flow.

The vaginal bleeding that happened about two weeks ago could have been caused by taking Plan B or your actual period, if it was due.

Common side effects of Plan B include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, dizziness, tired feeling, breast pain or tenderness, changes in your menstrual periods, or headache.

It is possible that these are symptoms related to a gastrointestinal issue, such as GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease. You may want to speak with your primary care physician or see a gastroenterologist.

So my husband and I just had a baby 6 months ago and I have yet to get my period back. The condom broke and he did ejaculate inside of me. I have been experiencing cramping a couple of days before we had sex. Anyway, after we realized that the condom broke, we went and got the plan b pill right away so I probably took it within an hour and a half of having sex. I took an ovulation test the next day and it came out positive for an LH Surge. So, now we are freaking out. I am cramping horribly now, but not sure if it's my period coming back or side effect from the pill. What are the odds of the plan b helping in my situation? Especially if I was ovulating. The worst part about it is, I cant go off of a missed period because I haven't had one yet, although it feels like I'm going to start. Thanks!

Hi....back again. I have yet to have my period and it's almost been a month since I had sex and the condom broke. I took two pregnancy tests but I'm not sure if I did it too early. I took one last Saturday and one today...both negative it seems. I'm also 2 weeks late for my period.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to studentindistress)

Hi again

I'm not sure what to tell you - you can get a blood test done at a clinic for confirmation. Your period could be delayed due to stress.

I had unprotected sex Oct 24th. Took Plan B the next night before it got passed the 24 hour mark. It's Nov. 12th and I'm experiencing cramps. Bad. I normally do that before my period which is due next week. But I just didn't know if it was normal to cramp weeks after taking the pill. I'm used to it but it's just extremely uncomfortable. I never experience bleeding or anything though, as far as that goes.

I meant Oct.31/Nov.1 when I had unprotected sex. My b.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I'm not really sure what your question is - are you wondering if you're pregnant?
We cannot answer this but cramps etc would indicate your period is on it's way. Some women get symptoms from taking EC a week after taking it.
Your risk of pregnancy is very low.

studentindistress I had protected sex on Oct 17, but the condom broke. One hour later, I took a Plan B One Step. On Oct 21, I had spotting, and then I had really bad cramps and bleeding for the next 3 days. I was also EXTREMELY hormonal. Then it went light for the last day. It is now Nov 5 and I am 5 days past my normal period..I have been experiencing abdominal/stomach pain and burping. The burping is what is freaking me out. Please can someone help?? Is this just Plan B??

Hi studentindistress

Plan B is up to 95% effective so you don't have much to worry about. I can't say why you are burping, but that sounds like a digestive issues which can be caused by stress.

Missing your "normal" period is not uncommon when you take Plan B. If you are still stressed, a pregnancy test will be accurate in the next few days.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: