ask: Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By CazAnne

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

My bf & i had unprotected sex plenty while he was on vaca to visit, i took one plan b on sunday which was the day after we first had intercourse. We repeatedly had unprotected sex i took another pill a few days later (wed not knowing it was bad). I received my period on a Monday (a day & a week after the first pill i took. It was shorter & lighter than my usual periods with not so much cramping, mood swings or cravings. My periods are normally the worst. However two weeks later & im feeling some cramping, been feeling nauseas for a few days, very moody & extremely tired. Im unsure of what this means i'm scheduled to see my dr in a month but im anxious of the outcome. Could i be pregnant?

Anonymous

I had unpertected sex last sat. Took plan b pill within. 8hrs. I had a baby a year ago and used plan b and it didn't work. And when I had unpertected sex I knew right away when I was pregnant. This time I had that feeling that morning then I took the pill that feeling was gone. But less than a week actually yesterday and today I have alight gramping and feel different. Could the pill still be effective several days after taking it

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Plan B is most effective in preventing pregnancy when taken within 72 hours after unprotected sex. You know it worked if you have vaginal bleeding. If you do not have bleeding within 3 weeks of taking the pill, take a pregnancy test.

The pill works right away.

Regards,

Anonymous

I have a question .. I had unprotected sex with my husband on the 17 th of November and I took the plan b pill the next day which was 10 hours and I usually get my period on the 25th of every month which I did it last for 5 days but very light and I knew that was because I took the pill but at this day I've been having cramps and my chest has been really tender and idk why are those the side effects of the pill please help!!

Thank you for your question.

Common side effects of Plan B include nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain, dizziness, tired feeling, breast tenderness, changes in menstrual period, or headache.

Are your breasts tender or does your chest feel tender when you touch it?

If your symptoms of cramping and chest tenderness persist or worsen, please call your doctor right away.

Regards,

Anonymous

My last period was on July 11th and finished on the 16th , I had unprotected sex on July 31 took plan b pill 45 mins after sex . the week after taking the pill , I had nothing but cramps going on , and the next week on the third day , 13 days after taking the pill I have a brownish discharge on my underwear , as I'm assuming it's spotting , but now I'm getting heavy cramps almost as if I'm about to get my period soon .. Can I take a pregnancy test now before my period starts ? This is my first time and I have no ideas what I just got myself into !!!!

I can appreciate your concerns. This must be confusing and somewhat frightening.

Wait another week and see if your period starts.

I am most concerned about the heavy cramping. According to the Plan B website, lower abdominal pain is a less common side effect. Sudden or unusual cramps or pain in the upper abdomen is an unusual side effect of the pill. With both symptoms, it is advised that you contact your physician.

Regards,

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem now.... I had unprotected sex two weeks ago and took plan b after 24 hours. A week after right when I expected my period I bled for 1 day and 1/2 then now that two weeks have passes I'm cramping for 3 days straight but with no period. I took 2 hpt tests and were negative. Have you been informed of anything, why this happens?

Anonymous

Hi CazAnne,
Since you are still experiencing the cramping, you should consult your physician immediately.

Please keep us updated.
Missie

CazAnne (reply to Anonymous)

thnks! i'll make an appt!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: