ask: Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

My period ended July 31st. I had unprotexted sex on August 2nd. It wasn't a fertile day I took plan B on August 3rd, 15 hours later. I haven't had my period yet, I haven't been experiencing any pregnancy symptoms. I've had a few little cramps since yesterday but I'm freaking out and I'm guessing it's because I'm only 15 and I don't want my parents to know. Someone please help.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your risk is very low - emergency contraception is 90-95% effective when taken within 24 hours. Plan B can delay the next period.

15 and unprotected sex is really dumb, Anon. If you are old enough to have sex, you're old enough to know better :)

Anonymous

I took plan b after me and my boyfriend had sex and the condom broke about 3 days after (my normal period time) I started bleeding brownish reddish but then it turned into a normal period ... I experienced normal symptoms throughout the period ... It's now been a week or so after my period has ended and I'm just now getting the normal symptoms of plan b... I don't know what it means it's been 2 days with being dizzy and stomach and back pains as well as a lot of burping ... I think I'm gonna wait it out as I'm only 15 and don't want my family to know... But if you know anything about it please let me know

If it has been over a week since Plan B then your symptoms are likely to be from something else like some kind of virus. If you don't feel better in a few days, see a doctor.

Anonymous

I ended up not being pregnant!

Anonymous

Please advise,
So my girlfriend and I had sex on August 14th, we used a condom but once we realized it was broken we stopped before ejaculation. An hour later I had her take plan b one step since she isn't on birth control, since that she has been dizzy and nauseous at times (probably due to nervousness?) today August 20 she told me she was bleeding but it wasn't like her normal period blood. Instead it is red and runny,she also said she wasn't having cramps in her vagina like she would on a normal period (but she was having some stomach cramps). I was wondering if this is withdrawal bleeding from taking the plan b one step. She has been on a 28 day cycle and her last cycle started on August 8th. What do you think the odds are of a pregnancy? We have both been very nervous and worried about it so any thoughtful insight is much appreciated. Thank you very much

Anonymous

I'm on cerelle and so have no idea where my cycle's up to. I took a pill 14 hours late 6 days before unprotected sex (I thought it was only 2 days you had to use additional protection for, not 7 as the NHS guidance says). I took Levonelle 38 hours after the unprotected sex, and started bleeding brown 4 days later, turning to red after a couple of days. Is this breakthrough bleeding or my post-Levonelle period (and it's worked?!). Generally feel okay but am worried about a bit of nausea and a metallic taste in my mouth but know they could be side effects of a huge dose of hormones. I'd appreciate any help - I have 2 yo twins and really don't want any more children!

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I think the bleeding was a result of taking Levonelle, the emergency contraceptive. I am concerned that you took this pill while still taking your daily birth control pill, Cerelle.

It is apparent that you are not pregnant. But, you may want to speak with your gynecologist about this and your symptoms.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi there I had sex for the first time last month I had my period on the 3rd till 4th of July I lost it on the 8th or 9th he didn't cm inside but it was my first time so I took the plan b next day then I did it again but he didn't cm inside then the following week I started bleeding out of nowhere I don't know why then a week past then I did it again but we used a condom then from there I've been cramping a lot and nausea what can be ?, can I be pregnant or I'm just going crazy I went on Google and researched pregnancy symptoms that's why I'm freaking out I'm just thinking to much o yeah my the way I haven't gotten my period its been 9 days already I've been thinking so much and stressing out please help..

The bleeding was the result of taking Plan B and it meant the pill worked to prevent pregnancy.

One side effect of this pill is changes to the menstrual cycle. It can cause your next period to start earlier or later than expected. Flow can be lighter or heavier than normal.

Try to relax.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: