Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

By March 21, 2011 - 1:04pm

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

Hi,

I had unprotected sex on the 1st of Jan at around 4am. He didn't ejaculate inside. I took the morning after pill 11 hours after which is called Levonelle 1500 here in Ireland. But it apparently equates the US plan b . I am around 112 pounds. Yesterday(12th), I started getting bad cramps and a nominal pain and I couldn't eat without wanting to throw up. Could it just be the hormones or is there a chance that I am pregnant? I have also had anxiety for the past few days so maybe that explains the bad appetite? I'm supposed to have my period any day now. Is it normal to have symptoms this many days after the pill? (10-11)

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It is a bit late to be having side effects. Most side effects pass within 24 hours.

Changes to the menstrual cycle are a reported side effect. Your period could start earlier or later than expected, but not by more than five days.

If you do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, test for pregnancy.

If the symptoms persist or worsen, please contact your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi,

My fiancée and I hadn't unprotected sex December 26th. The first day of my cycle was December 16th. For over a year I have had 33-35 day cycles which would put my ovulation day around January 4th. I use a thermometer and chart daily plus checking for ewcm. This cycle, on December 28th I felt like I may be beginning to ovulate, I noticed ewcm and felt a little nauseous as I sometimes do before ovulation. I took plan b that day within 48 hours of unprotected sex. Now I am having nausea every morning and am feeling dull cramps off and on throughout the day for the past few days. I don't know if I should test or continue waiting until my expected period would be due on the 11th if I indeed ovulated on the 28th. The dull cramps make me worry it's implantation cramps. Any advice is welcome. I am under 175 pounds. Thank you.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

At this point in time, I suggest you wait and see if your period starts. The recommendation is to test for pregnancy if you do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking Plan B.

For the most accurate result, if you choose to test, is test in the morning. Use the first urine when you wake up and use the bathroom. Consider an early response pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous

So I took plan b a week before my periods last month which Was october 28th. I had serious cramping and heavy bleeding for 5 days. This month I had un protected sex on the 23 rd , 24th and 25th. During that time I felt like my period was coming and I could see very dark discharge to alsmost blood during those days and after that it stoped. Did not bother to take the plan b because I thought I was going to have my period on November 28th. I am 3 days late and worried. I counted my cycle and it is 33 days. The discharge I had could be that I had a late ovulation and I could probably be pregnant. I already took the urine test twice it is negative for now. For now I feel normal no symptoms but I think I could be pregnant unless the plan b messed up my cycle.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your period is probably late as a side effect of Plan B. Changes in the menstrual cycle are a reported side effect.

Some women will start their next monthly period earlier or later than normal. Flow might be lighter or heavier than normal.

However, because you did have unprotected sex after taking Plan B and having bleeding, if you do not get a period at all this month, test and contact your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello everyone!
I'll get right to the point. Me and my fiancé engaged in sexual intercourse 4 days after getting off of her period. I wore a condom but unfortunately, it broke, and I did not pull out. After finding out that the condom broke, I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a Plan b Pill that I kept just incase of emergency since she is not on birth control. She took the pill under 30 minutes after sex. It's been 2 weeks since the mishap, she is showing signs of side effects of the pill still, she doesn't throw up unless she is sick and today she almost vomitted for no reason, she is also saying she is tired and dizzy, her breasts are hurting her as well. I understand that these are side effects of the pill but they are also signs of pregnancy. Are we pregnant or is the pill still in her system??

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so her risk is very small.

Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. If she doesn't get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.
Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...

Anonymous

Hi, so my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex but he didn't go inside of me, we were just both scared about the pre-cum thing; anyways we did that on July 30th and I took the pill I believe the next day, I know it was in between the 3 days it says to take it. And my boyfriend and I just had sex with a condom tonight August 11th and we took a break and then suddenly I had the worse cramps ever, I couldn't walk, i got really hot and felt nauseous. I don't know if it was the position we were using or he was going too hard but it felt like hell was burning in my lower stomach. I normally get my period at the end of the month so we will see...I just hope there is no chance of me being pregnant!?

Anonymous

Hi
Need help here.. I had unprotected sexual with my DH on 29th July and had the eCP on 1st August (3rd day after sex) may b 55 hrs after sex !! On 4th I experienced se spotting and again on 7,8,9 and till today some spotting as I wipe but all Peggy tests negative I did twice once each week.
I had last periods on 9th July so I m due now but no periods yet and I m experiencing heavy stomach cramps n back aches and bloated stomach ! Can I b pregnant??