ask: Cramping 2 1/2 weeks after plan b....

I took plan b after unprotected sex with my husband 2 1/2 weeks ago, exaclty on my most fertile day (didnt realize that until later). Had possibly breakthrough bleeding one week after that, one week before my expected period. Now I'm 5 days late of my scheduled period and have been having minor cramping (which i rarely if ever get regularly) and slight nausea. Whenever I did have any cramping before AF it only lasted one day tops! Any imput as to what could be causeing the cramping?

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend a week ago on monday and i took the morning after pill 6 days later after taking the pill i took a pregnancy test and came out negative and i been having the side affects of the pill but have not bleed yet. I have taken the pill before and i bleed a few days later. Is it possible for me to be pregnant? And can i steal have the side affects and be pregnant ?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Why did you wait six days to take the morning after pill? Why did you test so early?

An emergency contraceptive is effective in preventing pregnancy when taken within 72 hours or 3 days of unprotected sex.

If you have no vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, you should then test for pregnancy.

Anonymous, since you took the pill so late, you could be pregnant. It will take at least six to 12 days following conception, to get any result on a pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous

2 days spotting after taking nordette. Am I pregnant?

My last menstruation was in feb 17, it was 10 days earlier than i expected my period should come. And then march 3,6,12 i had unprotected sex but he didn't actually ejaculated inside me. I took nordette on march 17-18. I had noticed brown discharge on march 16-18. Then it stopped on 19. What does this mean? Am i pregnant?

Nordette is an oral contraceptive. Do you take it every day as directed? Why did you take it only on March 17 and 18?

If you do not take your birth control pills regularly, as directed, and you are sexually active, there is a chance that you are pregnant.

If you do not get a normal period this month, take a pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi Maryann,

I took nordette as an emergency pill. The brown spotting occured for 3 days. the day before i took the pill and after taking the pill. I am now 4 days late on my expected period.

It is puzzling why you would have brown spotting the day before you took Nordette.

When using Nordette as an emergency contraceptive, you take 4 pills within 120 hours after unprotected sex and take 4 more pills 12 hours later.

As with all emergency contraceptive, some women experience irregular bleeding or spotting, and a menstrual period that is either a few days early or a few days late.

You may want to talk with your pharmacist or physician.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi. So I had my period on January 19 til the 25th. My boyfriend & I had protected sex a few days after I was done with my period but the condom ripped & he came in me. So I took the pill on the 29th & everything was fine until I had my period came again on February 1st to the 6th and this period was heavy. But now that it's March 14th, I stoll haven't gotten my period. Could I be pregnant???? My period tracker says in 28 days late. Help!

The "period" which started on February 1 was actually breakthrough or bleeding between periods, resulting from taking an emergency contraceptive on January 29.

Your period could be late as a side effect of the pill, which can upset your menstrual cycle, or pregnancy, if you had unprotected intercourse after February 6.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, on the 7th of February me and my boyfriend had protected sex but the condom ended up breaking and he came in me. The next morning I took Plan B. Between that time period I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. I did have symptoms of pregnancy(tender breast and cramps) but those would go away and come back. On the 14 of Feburary we had protected sex and on the day before I spotted once. I'm still waiting on my period today(19th) and im 3 days late. I'm confused on whether or not im pregnant and I'm in need of help.

It was too early to take a pregnancy test between February 7 and 8.

A pregnancy test detects hCG levels in either the urine or blood. This hormone is produced once the fertilize egg has implanted in the uterus. That can take six to 12 days. Levels of hCG can be detected in blood about 11 days following conception and in urine, about 12 to 14 days.

If you do not have vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking Plan B, then you can take a pregnancy test.

Regards,

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: