Pregnancy Guide

ask: Cramping 2 weeks after plan B

So 2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex and took plan b after 24 hours. Then a week after, around the days of my expected period I bled for a day and a half. Now that two weeks passed I've been cramping for 3 days straight and feeling bloated. I took two hpt tests already and both were negative. I know that the plan b pill has side affects but it's been two weeks already and my periods are always regular...

Hi Sarahibby,

A change in your period is a common side effect of Plan B. 

When taken as directed, Plan B One-Step® is safe for women. Some women will have mild temporary side effects that include:

• Changes in your period
  • Nausea
  • Lower abdominal pain
  • Fatigue
  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Breast tenderness

These are similar to the side effects that some women have when taking regular birth control pills. Some women taking Plan B One-Step® will have menstrual changes such as spotting or bleeding before their next period. Some women may have a heavier or lighter next period, or a period that is early or late. If your period is more than a week late, you should get a pregnancy test.

If you should experience severe abdominal pain, you may have an ectopic pregnancy and should get immediate medical attention.

Hope this helps,

Rosa

Sarahibby (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Thank you so much :)
Yea I hope that it's the side effects, I was thinking about taking a visit to my doctor. Just to be safe

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :