Pregnancy Guide

ask: Cramping one day after sex, could I be pregnant?

By sarah.scott0313

I had unprotected sex on May 5th, according to my Woman's tracker app on my phone it was my most fertile day. Starting the day after May 5th I began having mild cramps, they have been going on for 12 days now. According to everything I've read you cannot have pregnancy symptoms that soon, but since I was ovulating when I had sex I am very worried. I am due to start my period any day now. I've taken two pregnancy tests in the past couple weeks and both were negative. Is there any possibility I could be pregnant? If not, what else could cause this?

Anonymous

i got my my last period on 11 th of February. i had sex with my boy friend on 1st March .He said that he pulled out. i took Postinor 2 tablets within 24 hours. The very first day i took the tablets am feeling abdominal cramps back pain. how long doess the Postinor 2 side effects last

Christine Jeffries

Hi Sarah.scott0313,
Thank you for your question, and for joining EmpowHER. Anytime you have sexual intercourse without using contraception, it increases your chances of getting pregnant. It is possible however, that the cramping is just normal PMS symptoms. If you don't get your period when you expect it, you can take a home pregnancy test. They generally are not accurate until that time. In the future you may want to practice safe sex using condoms, withdrawal method, birth control pills, spermicide, or whichever methods work for you and your partner (pick 2 for extra protection!) to safeguard against unwanted pregnancy and STD/STIs.
For more information, please review these articles: Answers for Women: Am I Pregnant After Unprotected Sex?, and Am I Pregnant? Myths and Facts About Sex.
Good luck, and let us know how you're doing.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :