Crazy menstrual cycles since March pregnancy test negative what's going on?

By May 12, 2015 - 1:15pm

Hi there, well first of all I have always been very regular on my periods.. But in March I missed my period then I went to the doc pregnancy test came out negative. (Urine test) I ended getting my period on April 3 for only 5 days which I only get it for 7. Okay here's the wierd thing 2 weeks later I notice brown blood I thought it was implantation bleeding it only lasted for 3 days. Now we are in May I haven't gotten my period. Did 3 home pregnancy test and they're all negative. Is there a chance I'm pregnant?? Has anyone gone through something similar. I'm not on any kind of birth control. I don't have symptoms just sometimes my breast feel sore don't know if is all mentally.

Hello and thanks for your post! 

It really doesn't sound like you are pregnant since your tests are negative, including the one at the doctor. 

You may be expericecing irregularliuty for other reasons including stress, or hormonal changes in your body. A 5 day period in April is a regular period. Implantation bleeding is only a few drops over the course of a couple of days. 

You may still get your period, it's not even mid-month yet. See what happens this month before re-visiting the situation.

I have a 3 year old daughter, I have always been getting my period for 7 days every month since I was 11 years old. The 5 day period was very light no big flows at all. So that's why I thought it was very weird. On December I had a miscarriage I was only 6 weeks pregnant. Do you think that has something to do with my crazy cycles if I'm not pregnant? The implantition bleeding that I thought I was having we're just a few drops most of the time I went to pee for 3 days.. Thank you so much for the info..

HERWriter Guide (reply to Ahsilemoczoro)

Hi again

A false negative on a urine test at the doctor is not very common, especially if you were late. 

Menstrual cycles change for women as they change and grow older. This is common. Just because your cycle was one way for 10 or 20 years doesn't mean it's always going to be that way. 

If your tests are negative then go with that until you get your next cycle - that's really the only way to go with this.  If you don't get your next cycle in the next month, try an ultrasound.

(reply to Ahsilemoczoro)

Can you still get a false negative urine test if is still from the doctor?