cryoablation surgery 6 months later having period

By January 16, 2009 - 12:18pm

I had cryoablation surgery done July 08, 2008. Everything went well. No period at all now 6 months later I am having my period. Problem is now we are without medical insurance. Can anyone tell me if this means I will continue to have my period. I know through reading the other posts that everyone was instructed to wait 6 months, I had nothing until 6 month mark. I do have a call in to my doctors office. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

I had the procedure in August 2008 and it did not help very much. I use to get my periods every 28 days and they would last 10 days. Now I get a period every 21 days and while they are less heavy, I still have "normal" bleeding for 7 days. The only difference I have seen is no clotting, but again, my periods come more often.

Thanks for your post, n2qrthorse, I'm glad you are pleases with the surgery.

I'm also glad you got to read all the other posts regarding cryoablation, it's one of our hot topics here on Empowher!

I hope someone with personal experience can help you with your question. I do know that some women do not stop having periods altogether with this procedure, they just have them less and they are a lot lighter.

Hopefully your doctor's office will get back to you soon and please check back here for follow ups.